Trade off - Bronica for a ??

samdj1210

Samdj1210
Local time
10:07 PM
Hi there,

Considering trading my Bronica RF645 rangefinder camera with a 50mm lens, all boxes included, immaculate condition, for a 35mm rangefinder, any suggestions on what type of rangefinders+lens i would be able to get for that?

You should be able to get an M6 + 50mm.

But which lens do you have? There is no 50. If you have the 45mm on there, you're set for a nice trade. The 65mm is worth about $300 less, used, than the 45mm.

Good luck. I can't say I haven't thought about trading my RF645, 45, 65, 100 kit in for an M7 + lens. It would make the scanning thing alot less expensive.

Sorry I meant 65mm not 50mm. Its my girlfriends camera and she wants something smaller and lighter, I was thinking maybe a Leica CL or something. Does anyone know if that has a built in lightmeter? I'm guessing it doesn't.

Bronica RF645's are selling for about £500 at present, Sam. You'd get a CL for that with 40mm. The CL has a meter but it takes the old PX625 battery so may need recalibration for alkalines.

markinlondon said:
Bronica RF645's are selling for about £500 at present, Sam. You'd get a CL for that with 40mm. The CL has a meter but it takes the old PX625 battery so may need recalibration for alkalines.

Many thanks, how do you get it recalibrated?

Any good repairer can recalibrate the meter or you can buy an adapter to pop LR44 batteries into which lowers the voltage to the required 1.35v. There's a feature on the CL and CLE in this week's AP for more nfo.

I would try for the Leitz Minolta CLE. The RF645 + 65mm lens goes for between $800 and $1000 used these days, as long as you list it at an effective moment (where there aren't too many on the market). That would pay for a CLE or even maybe a Hexar RF.

CLE is one camera I would love to have.

Back