Tri-X price increase

The prices have increased twice in the last 40 days... \:

In Europe things are getting pretty much out of control... my dealers have increased around 0.50€ in each roll, even when I'm buying more than 500 each time.

You have to wonder if it's really Kodak that is increasing the prices so much, or just opportunistic dealers out to make a fast buck (and therefore sealing Kodak's fate even faster).

Is Arista Premium 400 truly rebranded Tri-X? I'm surprised Kodak would licence their best-selling product to a third party.

It most definitely is. I'm a freestyle regular and have been told by employees (unofficially) that it is Tri-X. I use it all the time myself..

I just purchased three rolls of portra 160 for $20 after tax from a local photo store. A bit overpriced I think.

When I noticed it was up 50% in Japan I switched to HP5+ and havent looked back (i buy a year worth at a time and didnt pay attention so the hike was quite a surprise).

You have to wonder if it's really Kodak that is increasing the prices so much, or just opportunistic dealers out to make a fast buck (and therefore sealing Kodak's fate even faster).

Dealeres might increase the price a bit more than what is necessary, but I can assure you that Kodak raised the prices twice in the last 40 days.

I bought a box of 500 films so I can hold on a while with the old price... hope it arrives soon...
My problem now is 120 film which I can no longer get a good price.. :(

Dealeres might increase the price a bit more than what is necessary, but I can assure you that Kodak raised the prices twice in the last 40 days.

No doubt. But Kodak apparently raised the prices by only 15%. Yet the Portra 160 I'm using jumped from MYR21 to MYR25 in January (+20.5% hike), and now to MYR31 currently (almost +25%).

I'm sure some of the dealers know that would just turn more people off film, but I'm guessing some of them are just making hay while the sun shines.

Back