Twenty One of 35 Issue #2

Swift1

Mentor
Local time
6:17 AM
Hey friends,

I know some of ordered and liked the photozine I published through blurb in March, and so thought you would be interested to know that I just put out a 2nd issue.
It is the same concept and layout, but all new color images from a single roll of Kodak Portra 400 35mm film.
All the photos have not been shared online before.
The images are 5"x7.5", beautifully printed on 8.5"x11" pages. I think it turned out really well.
If interested, here's the link to preview and order
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/7728348/f0b95a23a971fc28588e8d540164d0c2646e02d4

I'm late to the party, Colton. I just put in my order.

Hopefully, this will help your photographic eye to rub off a little bit on me!

- Murray

Hey Colton, even my wife liked your Photozine. Sometimes I think she thinks my photography is a waste. But two things about #2: one, you had a theme that was well held together with just enough variation to keep it interesting. And two, you had the same shade on blue in the sky which really subconsciously tied the work together. So, all in alll a well thought out photo project.

Just a personal question: did you use that same 'Getting the most out of C-41 color' web essay you made a few years ago?

Hey Colton, even my wife liked your Photozine. Sometimes I think she thinks my photography is a waste. But two things about #2: one, you had a theme that was well held together with just enough variation to keep it interesting. And two, you had the same shade on blue in the sky which really subconsciously tied the work together. So, all in alll a well thought out photo project.

Just a personal question: did you use that same 'Getting the most out of C-41 color' web essay you made a few years ago?

Thanks for the feedback, John. It is good to hear how the zine is received :)
I can only view it from within my own perspective of my work, so it is good to hear your perspective of it.

Yes, I still primarily use the scanning method from the article on my website. I haven't really added to that workflow since writing that.
I've since acquired a Nikon Coolscan V, which requires a different workflow, but I still scan everything on my V750 first so that I have a good reference for what the color should look like.
Everything in the photozine was scanned with my V750.

I somehow missed #2 ...ordered later and received today!

Now I have all three issues! Great work. lovely colours you got from the Portra 400!

And I like the way you frame! My preferred photo is the one with the VW bus, which is one of my not so secret passion!

Keep the good work coming :)

I somehow missed #2 ...ordered later and received today!

Now I have all three issues! Great work. lovely colours you got from the Portra 400!

And I like the way you frame! My preferred photo is the one with the VW bus, which is one of my not so secret passion!

Keep the good work coming :)

Thank you so much Robert. I'm happy you like it :D

Back