Twenty One of 35 Issue #3

Swift1

Mentor
Local time
2:13 AM
I hope it's okay to keep posting these here. My previous two photozines were well received here so I thought you all would want me to share this one.

I have just published Issue #3 of Twenty One of 35. Like the two previous issues, the photozine has 21 photos, all from a single roll of 35mm film.
For this issue, I used my all time favorite film Kodak Ektar 100, and shot the roll using my Leicaflex SL and Summicron-R 50/2. The roll was developed locally and then scanned by me on my Epson V750.
For this issue, I have chosen not to share any of the 21 photos online, so the only way they will be available is from the zine, or possibly as individual prints at some point in the future.
Here's a link to the photozine if you're interested,
https://www.blurb.com/b/9548000-twenty-one-of-35

Great, I'll order it tomorrow. I'm too tied tonight. I'm still recovering from my trip Scottsdale, AZ. I went to a resort that stole your car so you couldn't escape, and you had to pay $60 for a breakfast for two.

But I'm interested in your Ektar photos, your tutorial on C-41 (specifically on Ektar 100) is still one of my favorites:

http://www.coltonallen.com/getting-the-most-from-color-negative-film-with-your-epson-flatbed/

Thanks John. :)
Sounds like you had fun in Scottsdale. Did they at least let you keep your camera? :D

Yes, I had two with me. They never said anything, except when I tried to go for a walk off the grounds. Still, too tired to order, but I'll do it man(y)ana.

I received today issue #3 , beautiful!

Love the colors, the style of your framing. For sure you saw very well your subject and therefore made interesting photos! Well done!

robert

PS: I specially like the chairs on the left page :)

I received today issue #3 , beautiful!

Love the colors, the style of your framing. For sure you saw very well your subject and therefore made interesting photos! Well done!

robert

PS: I specially like the chairs on the left page :)

Thank you so much Robert, I'm happy that you liked my new zine :D

I posted this on the 'Fujicolor 200' thread:

I forgot, I received your 'Twenty-One of 35' and it is great I really envy the way you process your color negative scans (as you know I use your tutorial on every color film I do).

I posted this on the 'Fujicolor 200' thread:

I forgot, I received your 'Twenty-One of 35' and it is great I really envy the way you process your color negative scans (as you know I use your tutorial on every color film I do).

I know :) I saw your post there. You mentioned there that you couldn't find this thread so I figured I'd help :D
Also, I wanted to revive this thread anyway.

Just ordered Issu #2 which for an unknown reason I didn't order before!

Love your style. Just my taste but the cover paper of Issue #3 I like better than Issue #1.

Waiting n ow for issue #2 !

robert

Just ordered Issu #2 which for an unknown reason I didn't order before!

Love your style. Just my taste but the cover paper of Issue #3 I like better than Issue #1.

Waiting n ow for issue #2 !

robert

Oh cool.
Thank you Robert. I'll have to have a look and compare the cover paper.

I don't know if any of you have tried Swift1's method of managing color when doing color scans. I have been using his method since I think 2015. (Colton you can correct me if I'm wrong about the date). I always struggled with color doing color scans. I never felt like I knew what I was doing and I never felt like I could get them 'just right.' His tutorial is for the Epson scanning software but I'm sure any software that has a 'professional' setting would work. I have used ColorPerfect for many years and really like it but you had to have a scan that was close for it to work. For me it was meant more for digital camera RAW files. Although they had a useful C-41 'get it close' method (ColorNegative).

I even use Colton tutorial for E-6: try it you will be surprised. Here is a link:

http://www.coltonallen.com/getting-the-most-from-color-negative-film-with-your-epson-flatbed/

This are a few E-6 scan that required zero 'tinkering' by me that would have screwed it up:

EktaChrome 100 (NEW) by John Carter, on Flickr

EktaChrome 100 (NEW) by John Carter, on Flickr

And this is a Fujicolor 200 file that required no adjustment:

FujiFilm 200 expired by John Carter, on Flickr

And another Fujicolor 200 with no fiddling:

FujiFilm 200 expired by John Carter, on Flickr

I don't know if any of you have tried Swift1's method of managing color when doing color scans. I have been using his method since I think 2015. (Colton you can correct me if I'm wrong about the date). I always struggled with color doing color scans. I never felt like I knew what I was doing and I never felt like I could get them 'just right.' His tutorial is for the Epson scanning software but I'm sure any software that has a 'professional' setting would work. I have used ColorPerfect for many years and really like it but you had to have a scan that was close for it to work. For me it was meant more for digital camera RAW files. Although they had a useful C-41 'get it close' method (ColorNegative).

I even use Colton tutorial for E-6: try it you will be surprised. Here is a link:

Thank you John for the shout out and for sharing my scanning article.
I wrote that article about 3 years ago, and I have been refining my process ever since, but my overall process is still basically what I wrote in that article.
All the images in Issue #3 of Twenty One of 35 were scanned on my Epson V750 using Epson Scan and the method from the article.

Back