Leica LTM Ugly? Really?

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
I am not handy enough for serviceable KEH UG or even BGN gear. Even for a great price I still need to factor in the cost of a CLA.

I haven't bought anything from KEH in over a decade, but at the time I bought an "ugly" Xenon in LTM.
The front lens coating was badly scratched, so I removed it completely . And it required tightening of a loose set screw somewhere internally.
Resulting images are okay, for a Xenon.

I also once bought a Leica I off them that was supposedly "Inoperable". I never figured out what was supposed to be wrong with it, because it worked fine.

As I recall KEH had a no-questions-asked return policy at the time. Don't know if they still do. So you could always take a chance.

Used Photo Pro (aka Robert's Camera) also posts some decently high resolution photos of the actual item for sale. Most of the time, their "Poor" rated items (similar to KEH Ugly) have notes on the specific defects.

Used Photo Pro even discloses with honest, high resolution photos EXC or EXC+. And they are a class act as a dealer. They treated me right as a customer. I can recommend them without hesitation!

Back