UK Region UK Chapter?

Tony said:
Took some mediocre snaps of the pier (dead one)

That pier is perhaps my most photographed subject, and I still haven't got one which satisfies me yet. One day...

I'm based in and around the London area, too. Local tips can often be very handy. Anyone know anywhere good in London to have a Konica Auto S3 looked at?

I think I may be the most isolated UK'ish" member -In sunny (wel every now and again) Jersey. Just found rangefinderforum and given that a gloabl focus to me is anywhere past Alderney a UK group is a good idea.

There are obviously Leica (in a case its an investment) owners on the island and near by backwards Guernsey even has a Leica, Voigt dealer but well I have never seen another RF used on the island and the only retailers we have are digital, digital, digital digital and a small jessops with one Voigt L body (they ordered by mistake and "it must be a rangefinder because rangefiders dont focus so the picture quality can never be as good as a EOS D coz film cant capture as many pixels")

Robert White is my friendly neighbourhood photographic retailer and they are 100miles across the sea.

But on the up side I at least save 17% on UK prices and much less import on US stuff

Quercus - Voigt R2, 25, 35, 75 and industar 50, Rollei b35, Voigt vitomatic 11b, Mpp 5x4 and yes I must admit pentax ist d (very expensive colour snap shots as sensia turnaround almost 3 weeks to jersey)

25/4

25/4

Welcome to the "UK" chapter...
Is that the Voigt 25/4 "Snapshot-Skopar" (silly name) you have? How does it fare compared to the 35/2.5? I have the latter, like it a lot, and would like to add the former to my kit. Also, what version of the 25mm viewfinder you have, the older one or the new one with brightlines?
By the way, as much as I like my Bessa for shooting B&W film, there's no denying digital SLRs can be very competent cameras. My Canon 10D with 24/1.4L is amazing in low light. But for street photography (my main interest) the Bessa rules - if only its shutter was a bit quieter...
Cheers
Vincent

I tend to leave the 25 skopar on the body all the time, pre meter at f11 in most decent light and can hand hold anything from 1/60 upwards then set infinity on f11 dof guide and from around 3 ft on is in sharp focus.

Lens quality is excellent

will be posting some street festival scenes later taken with it

Never use the (well very rarely) acces finder as the outer limits of R2 viewfinder is just about 25mm field of view.

obviously for low light it is limited but i have used it in doors in shadow using neopan at 3200 at f4 - f8 and 1/60 and results were pretty good

Viewfinder

Viewfinder

Quercus said:
I tend to leave the 25 skopar on the body all the time, pre meter at f11 in most decent light and can hand hold anything from 1/60 upwards then set infinity on f11 dof guide and from around 3 ft on is in sharp focus.
Yep, this focal length lends itself very well to hyperfocal focusing. I would be using it that way most of the time.

Quercus said:
Never use the (well very rarely) acces finder as the outer limits of R2 viewfinder is just about 25mm field of view.
I wear glasses, and when looking through the viewfinder of my Bessa the 35mm framelines are very close to the edge... so I can't do without an auxiliary viewfinder for any lens wider than 35mm.

Quercus said:
Lens quality is excellent
will be posting some street festival scenes later taken with it
Looking forward to seeing these.

Cheers
Vincent

The finder that I have has the brightlines but the ones on the top of the finder the parallax pair tend to flare out a little in bright light but i very rarely use the guides fidner is very bright and i guess the area around the brightlines is about the same as around 35 on rangefinder/viewfinder of the body so it should be usable with glasses

Welsh Delagation

Welsh Delagation

Welcolme to Wales, Grand Slam Winners 2005

Do not go gentle into that last goodnight,
Rage Rage against the dying of the light

Have we all placed ourselves on the RFF members map. See Home Page bottom of left hand column. Tip:- use the zoom a couple of times to put an accurate dot on the map. Lets cover the area with dots!!

Peter L said:
Yuo can start by showning me how you get those cool liitle pictures next to your name ?

go to user cp (control panel) at the top of the page.
then go to edit avatar.

that should get you started.

joe

john neal said:
When I suggested a UK (British Isles) chapter, I wasn't meaning that we all had to start wearing denim, getting tattoos and riding hogs - but if that's your thing...... ;)

We could print T Shirts "Born to be Mild" :D

But seriously meeting up is a good idea, photography can be so lonely.....

Tony said:
As far as I can tell, I'm the only RF user in the "Sunny South".

And yes, it does feel a bit lonely sometimes wandering around with an M7II hanging from your neck while all around you are discussing photoshop.

Perhaps a contest could be organised to get enthusiasm up?

Tony, no you are not the only one! West Chiltington (yes, that time warp village north of Storrington) has a few fanatical snappers and at least one M toting oldie! (that's me, by the way. Currently deprived of said M whilst being overhauled, but anticipating the return of the prodigal RF. Yep, the bug has bitten)

Ray :D

Back