Unicorns & Crocodillians - Leica M10 Monochrom + Summicron-M 28/2 ASPH

Godfrey

somewhat colored
Local time
11:19 PM
The secondhand Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH I ordered arrived a week or so ago, I only just had a moment to go test it yesterday...

Unicorn & Crocodillians - Santa Clara 2023
Leica M10 Monochrom + Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH
ISO 1000 @ f/2 @ 1/60
Green filter

It works well! I suspect I'll be using this lens a lot. ;)

Enjoy! G

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Do you have the first or second version 28 Summicron @Godfrey ?

The second version has higher contrast but without a floating element, optimising the design for contrast has introduced substantial focus shift. This, of course, doesn’t matter if you focus with live view or the e-Visoflex.

The best I can figure from the serial number, my lens was built somewhere around 2009, just before the current production series. I guess this makes it first version, although that's unclear from any listing I've found.

G

The best I can figure from the serial number, my lens was built somewhere around 2009, just before the current production series. I guess this makes it first version, although that's unclear from any listing I've found.

Does your lens have the plastic clip-on hood or the metal screw-in one? That is diagnostic for v1 (plastic) and v2 (metal).

From the photos it looks like v1 but post-processing can make a big difference.

Marty

Plastic clip on lens hood. So thanks yeah, that means it is a version one.😀

I thought so, but irrespective, it’s a very nice photo, and the lens is very well behaved. You can compare lenses all day, but getting out and using them is the best way to see if they work for you.

Maty

Back