Unsure where my light leak is from!

danryan

Local time
12:18 AM
Hi all, I am new and just picked up an old Canon IVSB/2. Sadly, my test roll showed that is has a light leak and I am unsure of where it would be coming from as I believe blue light normally means it is getting exposed from the front. Any help would be great000011.jpg000001.jpg

You should check the shutter curtains for small holes. Use a flashlight, examine from the front. Look for any reflection off the pressure plate.

Cheers I'll have a try. If it is from the fabric curtain, would some black cloth tape over the appropriate areas fix it do you think?

Yup, definitely the curtains. Really hard to detect when you can't remove the camera back. And hard to know if it's the first or second curtain.

Seconding what Brian said. I have had shutter curtain holes in my M2 and this is exactly what it looks like.

As a piece of general advice, if on color negative film, the light leak is bluish/white - it is coming from the front (lens side) and if it's reddish orange it's coming from the back as it has to travel through the base which is orange in color.

Back