Utrafine Xtreme

it's more expensive that Freestyle's Arista Premium at the 400iso.
Are you sure ?
Ultrafine extreme 400 $29.95, roll of 24 $2.59
Arista Premium 400 $45.99, roll of 24 $ 2.69
But in rolls of 36 you are right. But then there is no Arista in 120 format.
Neverless what is it ? HP5 ? They say it is "superior fine grain" and the only one such a film in 400 I know is Fuji Neopan.
Well, will see after the shipment arrives.
There is one more thing, Ultrafine has much better shipping rates to Canada than Freestyle

yeah I was referring to 36 exp. Look forward to hearing your review.

I bought a couple hundred rolls of their APX100 equivalent. $2/roll and it has a nice look to it.

6655291513_ba1db91003_z.jpg

Are you sure ?
Ultrafine extreme 400 $29.95, roll of 24 $2.59
Arista Premium 400 $45.99, roll of 24 $ 2.69
But in rolls of 36 you are right. But then there is no Arista in 120 format.
Neverless what is it ? HP5 ? They say it is "superior fine grain" and the only one such a film in 400 I know is Fuji Neopan.
Well, will see after the shipment arrives.
There is one more thing, Ultrafine has much better shipping rates to Canada than Freestyle

Do you like their Agfa 100 ? I failed to order a few rolls, mea culpa, I should have. Next time. What it says on the packaging ? Agfa or ProMax ? Someone is inquiring here:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77745
Well I ordered Ultrafine Xtreme 100 (bulk), few UX400 in 120 format (hope it is HP5) and then some of RC paper and FB paper (who knows, maybe Kentmere ). The guy I talked to said everything is made in US, will see, print on UX400 box looks 100% like an Ilford.

Do you like their Agfa 100 ? I failed to order a few rolls, mea culpa, I should have. Next time. What it says on the packaging ? Agfa or ProMax ? Someone is inquiring here:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77745
Well I ordered Ultrafine Xtreme 100 (bulk), few UX400 in 120 format (hope it is HP5) and then some of RC paper and FB paper (who knows, maybe Kentmere ). The guy I talked to said everything is made in US, will see, print on UX400 box looks 100% like an Ilford.

It says Promax 100. I'm not sure if it's APX100, there are no markings on the film base, but for the price and the great results, I'm pleased with it.

Thanks. The scan you posted shows smooth tones. Like Agfa. The only thing I will ask you: the grain (on my screen) seems to be too visible. It is just me ? Or is this a noise from the scanner. My 8x10 prints from APX where grainless (Rodinal 1:50).

Thanks. The scan you posted shows smooth tones. Like Agfa. The only thing I will ask you: the grain (on my screen) seems to be too visible. It is just me ? Or is this a noise from the scanner. My 8x10 prints from APX where grainless (Rodinal 1:50).

I shot that in very low light and developed using rodinal 1:100. I may have used stand development to push it.

Personally I feel it is worth a little extra grain in order to get the magical results that Rodinal 1:100 stand develop can give!

Quick update. Yesterday I received the order. For Canadian fotogs (at least for Torontonians): order worth $110 eventually costs $180 (with insurance, shipping and customs). Comparing to prices at Henry's still advantage, now is the question of quality. For me most interesting is FB paper with final price of $42 per 25 sheets (11x14) comparing to $70 locally. 100' roll of Ultrafine Xtreme 100 (final price $47.5, not so good) judging by color of emulsion (identical) might be Foma 100.

Hi, i use HP5+ timing for Ultrafine Xtreme 120 format.

here's a pix taken on the rolleiflex 2.8e, developed at a
local shop who uses d-76 for developing. I told them
to use HP5+ timing.

The image below was exposed at iso 200, however
the shop was a bit aggressive in the development, and
contrast went a bit over.

raytoei

Attachments

• nico9.jpg
    nico9.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
ultrafine is a hit or miss for me.

the ultrafine plus 100 feels very much like shanghai gp3 film, what was worse was that many rolls developed spots and discoloration (like mound growing on the bw film base).

ultrafine xtreme works for me.

i bought 40 rolls of fujicolor superia 1600 at only 12 exposures for around usd 50 in total. i use this film at iso 400 to good effect.

Thanks for your opinion. Great portrait.
I guess you are right with this company. You never know. Is good to know about UP100 in 120. GP3 is just lomography film. And for UX400 in 120 HP5 is a strong guess. It looks and smells like Ilford.
Anyway, after developing first UX100 feeling is, it is not a Foma 100. Foma 100 was never ISO100 film for me, just 50. This one from Ultrafine is ISO100 film. Very clear ( just a bit gray), thin base, quite flat. After comparing with my other samples I give 95% it is a Kentmere 100. Base and style of numbers are identical.
Based on that I have the hope, the papers I ordered are also from Harman line up.

I did manage to develop first roll of Ultrafine Xtreme 400. In HC110 1+49 20C 11.5'. Neg looks OK. Dries flat like Ilford, but after pre-soak water didn't have any colour like there is no antihalation layer. Is this right ?

Developed some Ultrafine Xtreme 400 120 in F76+ (Arista Premium) developer with good results. Used HP5 times per raytoei's recommendation. I haven't shot much HP5 since my college days, but it looks pretty similar in my opinion.

Back