Washington (state) Vancouver Camera Swap Meet - Sun Sept 30 2018

I will be there but not spending much.
Just got the front struts replaced on the E39 Touring and the kids needed new shoes and jackets for school.
💸

Maybe just a few filters and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vancouver Camera Swap Meet - Sun Sept 30 2018

Bump!

From the ad:

Location - Croatian Cultural Centre, 3250 Commercial Drive at 16th Ave., Vancouver
ANTIQUE, VINTAGE, DIGITAL, OPTICS AND EVERYTHING ELSE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY NEW AND USED
Do not miss this opportunity to explore the fascinating world of photography.

SHOW TIME : 9 AM - 4 PM
Admission : $5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may drive up and will probably have stuff to sell. Thank you for the heads-up here. It's been since barely the digital era that I attended this show :)

David

A bust!

A bust!

Well back from the swap meet. I have to say I wasn't too impressed. Though like Kevin and I agreed you never know what you'll run into.

Vancouver was rainy so it was a good day to go. I was hoping to trade up a 1935 Leica III for a Contax I or II. This Leica had a matching year black rim pristine coated Summar. There were no Contaxs to be found other than a Contax T. I then pursued offers on the Leica for giggles, offered $385 max. I also had a pristine Argus C3 in excellent condition and was offered only $10. I think most vendors were folks with cameras stored in their closet for the last decade or so.

I was also in the hunt for a DW-4 finder for my F2, there was a ton of Nikon gear there but came up empty as well.

There were no big commercial sellers like KEH present. Not even little promotional items around to buy like t-shirts or key chains to reminisce the event. :(

Overall I give it a 2 out of 10. Hope others had better luck!

Next swap meets are April 13th at the Kent Commons, Kent Washington and back at the Croatian Culture Center April 28th.

Cheers!

43207985030_487ee72e21_c.jpg

43207984620_dfaf2a6a7d_n.jpg

43207984810_4900e779e4_n.jpg

I was there as well, and managed to sell off a Contax T, but probably not the one you saw K14. Sorry to have missed you. The stock was a bit meager not close to what I recall from days past. And not the same without Tom A, although his presence is very much felt.

David

I was there also. I did manage to find a few dollars and bought a few cameras.

1. Petri Color 35 40mm/2.8 (Black)
- The viewfinder scale distance and meter has slipped slightly. I'll have to take the top off and check it out. A little marvel of a camera - very comfortable in the hand for such a small body.

2. Olympus 35RC
- This is my second one. It's worn but should clean up well.

3. Olympus Wide 35mm f3.5
- The lever doesn't advance. Have to tear it apart.

4. Olympus 35EC
- What a beautiful little camera. Feels like a Voigtlander Vitessa.

Last April at Croatian Centre, KEH was on site as well as HIT and two other buyers. Today was only HIT camera from Toronto. About 6 tables were empty but last April all were full. Today had maybe a half-dozen people unloading their stash of extra camera or studio equipment, the rest were about 20 tables of dealers.

From what I gathered talking with the vendors, the best deals and high demand gear are to be ad before the 9am opening and the only way to be there then is to rent a table.

It's not a big event as the old spring sale at Burnaby Cameron Rec Centre but that organiser has now retired.

The next Croatian Centre swap meets on April 29, 2019.
There is another sale on March 30, 2019 at "South Arm United Church" in Richmond BC. That's about 30min closer to the border than East Vancouver site.

Michael

Michael,

Sounds like you did quite well. I resisted but saw and got to try out some gear/lenses that had interested me for some time. The timing for the swap meets have not been great for me to make the trip the past few years but I have had a table at that meet before and it might be fun to get one......always good to purge stuff not getting use.

David

Back