Very sad news

Sorry to hear it. I met Jurgen in person just a couple of years ago when I combined dropping off my Rollei to him for repair with one of my frequent business trips to Frankfurt. He was a really nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him, and he also did a fantastic job. Just seeing how naturally he held and manipulated the camera to check it out was a pleasure in itself, and as an expat myself he was more interested in my story than in telling his own. He will definitely be missed. May he rest in peace.

This is the first time I've heard of him, and yet I had a fair amount of sadness when I went to his website. His photos showed him to be a warm and friendly man, and for him to be a well respected camera technician, he must have had a keen eye for detail and exacting standards of work. His own photography looks very extensive, too. When I saw his site, I imagined that in some months to come, the domain will expire and his website will disappear, another story in the millions of passing cycles of history. But his work lives on, in his pictures and in the cameras he has touched.

RIP Jurgen. I never knew you but I wish you well, wherever you are.

Sad when a skilled and respected technician passes away. I didn't know him, but may he rest in peace. Our interest and passion in using old technology cameras rests on people like Jurgen maintaining them. Eventually, there will be fewer and fewer old cameras in user condition available. Remaining technicians will be too few to manage demand.

Mr Kuschnik did a great job on my Rolleiflex T. I was about to ask about the repair of my Minolta Autocord and I learned this sad news from his wife.

Back