Very Small Pentax Q CEVIL Announced

Once the pixel density gets high enough, the lack of resolution in a lens acts as an AA filter. For that matter, even if the pixel density was low, if the image is sufficiently blurry from either out of focus or just a crappy lens, you don't need an AA filter.

I've had mine for about a week with the fixed 47/1.9 lens. So far great fun, more to report after I shoot a bit more. Pictures don't do it justice, incredibly small.

Here's one from my first outing with it.

6183666581_fcd3e2461c_b_d.jpg

Hmmmm... With this lack of really small, new half format film cameras I'd love to buy, those digital miniatures might end up seducing me... That shot looks a lot better than thousands of shots done with the latest aspherical lenses manufactured by a well known company... :)

Cheers,

Juan

And Kent got some very nice images from it - the field of view and DOF is very minox like. So much so that I'm thinking it might be a better choice than the GRD IV.

Come on now Donald, the GRD IV is a must for you. Don't break with tradition man!! ;)

Those shots do look pretty good. It's a shame the camera isn't a bit cheaper though. I hate to be one of those that complain about prices, but for $800, I'd be tempted by a Sony NEX or the Ricoh M setup...

It is a bit pricey Tim, true.

Those shots do look pretty good. It's a shame the camera isn't a bit cheaper though. I hate to be one of those that complain about prices, but for $800, I'd be tempted by a Sony NEX or the Ricoh M setup...

Come on now Donald, the GRD IV is a must for you. Don't break with tradition man!! ;)

I was a minox 8x11 fan before Ricoh - I would have been right on the Q if only the OVF had been the size of the Ricoh GV-2 ... or built in.

The GRD IV remains on order :) still a 40mm version would be appreciated.

Back