Vintage Lenses for painterly look

Paterm1. Bingo! There they are! The portraits I fell in love with and was not able to retrieve! Especially the last one!
So you could be of great help.
I have seen a 90, can't find a 105. I give you the link.
So do you think this lens can give similar results?
If your answer is affirmative, I will buy it in a eye blink!

Splitimageview. When I was young I had the 135 3,5 if I remember well. I lens which I am tempted to buy out of nostalgia. I don't know if it was in the same league, it was anyway a very sharp lens

73mm f/1.9 Hektor, Rodenstock Imagon. The Hektor could be easily adapted (it’s LTM), but may be a bit more challenging with the Imagon. I’m currently getting an Imagon adapted to fit my 907x.

Not too sure about the ‘morbid’ Schneider rendering - what exactly is that?
It is possibly me, but I remember very well that I answered to you, Vince, but now coming back to the thread I can't find such answer anymore. So I post it again. The term "morbid" (in Italian) was used in reference to Schneider Kreuznach lenses by a dealer in Rome which was proposing to me a Linhof Technika with various Schneider Kreuznach lenses. I think that perhaps a better translation would have been "soft", better yet sharp and soft at the same time.

I also apologize for missing Patterm post #6, which is right to the point regarding my question.
Patterm, I thank you very much for your help and for posting exactly those photos I had in mind.
In particular you say:
"I have a few Schneider Xenars and tele Xenars and they all perform really nicely in portraiture. I am not sure what "painterly" means to you in this context but the rendering is certainly very nice - they seem to have the knack of being sharp and "rounded" (an old term meaning "portrait soft" at the same time.) However, I have no idea what "morbid rendering" means. I have not heard the phrase before."
For morbid see my answer to Vince. The term is not mine, perhaps I used a too literal translation from Italian.
As to painterly I intend it literally. I am a big fan of XIX century painting and your Cafe Study reminds me exactly the way painters of that time typically rendered a portrait.

Back