Vitessa T with non op shutter

montaggio

Local time
11:49 AM
Hi;

The old Vitessa T of my grandmother's has been sitting for years. All seems to work except the shutter does not open when tripped. It sounds like it snaps, but nothing happens. Once the shutter releases, (if I coax it very carefully), it opens for what seems the right time then closes again. Any suggestions as to what I can do from here? I suspect its just stuck a bit from sitting for years, but don't want to damage it without a bit of direction first. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, Brian. Another quirk regarding this problem. By chance, I happened to set the self timer and snap a shot. Under self timer mode, the leaf shutter trips properly and shows no signs of resistance. Should I be looking someplace else?

I didn't have any lighter fluid, so I used a Q-Tip dipped in iso propyl and carefully dabbed both sides of the leaf shutter. Had to be very careful not to catch any of the Q-Tip material on any of the leafs. Right away it didn't do much - shutter opened (which was better than when I started), but didn't close all way when tripped. Also, it opened all the way when I used the plunger to reset!??! Left it to sit for a couple of hours. I just went back and tried it again, everything works as normal. Timing of the shutter sounds right at all speeds. Thanks for the tip! I think I'm in business again!

Back