Voightlander 40mm 1.4 Classic SC has arrived!

CopperB

M3 Noob
Local time
5:46 PM
After a week sitting in Canadian Customs, my Voightlander Nokton Classic 40mm 1.4 has finally arrived. What a change after my world weary J8 that came with my M3. I can't wait to take it for a spin.

When I add the UV filter AND the hood, I can see some of the hood through the viewfinder. Since this is not a TTL viewfinder, can someone tell me if the hood will be visible in any photos?

Don't worry about the hood - the camera won't see it, assuming you use the CV hood. The holes in the hood let you look through, makes composition easier.

I love the M3 and 40/1.4 combo though i traded my 40/1.4 for the 50/1.5 and later sold my M3. Enjoy that combo.

Thanks doomed. I hope I do it justice.

I've yet to shoot any colour film with my M3 Juan. One of these days I should give that a try.

Don't worry about the hood appearing in the viewfinder. It just means that it is big enough to appear in the viewing window. I have the same issue with my 90 f 2.0 but since you are just viewing a window and not the lens image, it doesn't matter. By the way TTL refers to a flash automation that began with the M6 TTL and in the M7. It just means that the flash exposure is calculated through the lens. Enjoy your M3 and CV40 1.4. A great combination.

I sold my M4 with the 40 1.4 SC. This pic was shot with the M4, 40 1.4 SC, Kodak Ektar 100 film. I miss this combo, I will replace it someday.

3695788035_f2151f9a02_b.jpg

I picked up my first roll with the Nokton Classic today. The different in sharpness (from J8) is remarkable. I am finding the focus a bit stiff in comparison. Overall, I'm still spending more attention and energy on getting things in focus (faded finder) than composition although placing some yellow gel over the finder has helped a bit.

C&C always welcome.

860868571_JTAyT-M.jpg

860670671_ZgEPu-M.jpg

860668600_QpQt8-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back