Voigtlaender announces 3 ultra wide lenses in E mount, 2 in M Mount

kuuan

loves old lenses
Local time
6:55 PM
There has been much talking about the corner problems of rangefinder wide angle lenses on the Sony A7 series cameras. Recently Voigtlaender had issued the f4.5/15mm Super Wide Heliar in a version III addressing these problems:

Today Voigtlaender announced 3 wide angles lens that will come in Sony E mount, one can expect that they will be optimized to work well with the Sony A7 series cameras.

They are a completely new f5.6/10mm and a f5.6/12mm and f4.5/15mm based on the existing lenses in Leica M mount. If I understand right the new f5.6/10mm and the f5.6/12mm also will come in new versions, optimized for digital use, in Leica M mount.

here the news by Voigtlaender: http://voigtlaender.com/news.html

oh, I see now it's old news, there has been talking about these lenses in the thread about the rumoured new digital Voigtlaender cameras. Anyway I hope that the link to the Voigtlaender site and announcement clears up some doubts and adds the info that these ultra wides, optimized for digital, also will come in Leica M mount.

You were in the right to start a new thread. The other thread should be for the rumored camera.

10mm rectilinear on full frame is very impressive. It looks like Cosina is taking back the title for widest full-frame lens - Canon unseated them for less than a year with their 11-24. Not bad for such a tiny company!

One new design 10/5.6 which will be available in E or M mounts

An updated 12/5.6 III for digital which which will be available in E or M mounts

A 15/4.5 E mount which is apparently the same glass as the existing 15/4.5 III M lens

All full frame lenses.

Other E mount Voigtlander lenses may follow.

the popular Voigtlander 15/4.5 III really took off in popularity after being redesigned for digital.
I expect the new 10mm and redesigned 12mm will be just as good.

Back