Voigtlander 50mm f/2.5 S Mount

LTM version is more expensive. But now I know the problem with the S version I must either seek out a Nikon S2 or send the lens to DAG.

Filing the rear wouldn't be the first time I did this. Once I had to do a lot of filing to convert a Minolta 58mm f/1.2 to Nikon F mount.

Thank you everyone for the feedback and info.

Yep, the S-mount Skopar won't work on a Amedeo adapter unless you trim the metal shroud on the rear of the lens.

Like this:

Down size. by Shintaro Yaginuma, on Flickr

Lower right looks like Skopar lens on a S>LTM adapter. Right? And is that lens not filed down now? Or is it? I'm just trying to see what needs to be done.

My adapter is on loan currently. I have the camera. And the lens will be here shortly. Then when I have all pieces I'll understand more.

Lower right looks like Skopar lens on a S>LTM adapter. Right? And is that lens not filed down now? Or is it?

Its one of Amedeo's early S>LTM adapters, and the lens is filed down, exactly like the other lenses. If you don't file down the lens, the rear metal shroud collides with the focus cam on a rangefinder-coupled LTM or M camera.

Its one of Amedeo's early S>LTM adapters, and the lens is filed down, exactly like the other lenses. If you don't file down the lens, the rear metal shroud collides with the focus cam on a rangefinder-coupled LTM or M camera.

Did you do the filing or did you send them to someone?

just get the lens in their proper mounts and be done with it...

i know, im getting lazy these days :eek::eek::eek:

a review is coming up next week.

Voigtlander 50mm f/2.5 S Mount

Did you do the filing or did you send them to someone?

These are Shintaros lenses (and his photo). I think the adapter may have been mine originally, and I sold it to Gabor, who later sold it to Shintaro, but it is all so long ago that the details are rusty now. To answer your question, I think Shintaro used a lathe remove metal. But I agree with Rich tbh. Just get the lens in the right mount. Adapted lenses are always a compromise.

65307421_10156220437011911_8168108764184969216_o.jpg

with cinestill 800T and the Nikon S2T (titanium shutter) :eek::eek::eek:

Will the S mount Skopar 50/2.5 focus properly on a Contax IIa?

The 50 Skopar is an "S" lens (meaning Nikon S-mount), unlike the 35mm and wider lenses in the range which are "SC" lenses (meaning they're designed as S-mount but you won't see the focus error when used on a Contax body), so strictly speaking, no, the Skopar 50 won't focus properly on a Contax body.

In practice you may experience a bit of front focus (around 50-100mm) at MFD and f2.5, and the front focus reduces as you stop the lens down / focus further away. If you stop the lens down to f4 to f5.6 at MFD you should be fine.

from my review at the blog :eek::eek::eek:

sometimes i wonder why they just didnt make this an internal mount like the heliar :rolleyes:

That pincushion tho :eek: I agree its a bit odd Cosina made it an external rather than an internal mount lens.

If there is pincushion distortion, it is really minimal. I will make some test shots soon.

I like the external mount, but I've changed the ugly red and yellow engravings into pink, just like the old Nikkor lenses.

I love the shade.

Erik.

31910190888_1a2a0a16b1_z.jpg

I talked to DAG the other day and he'll machine down the rear metal shroud to fit the adapter/LTM camera. Even with the price he quoted the total is still under what the LTM version is selling for these days. The S lenses are cheap comparatively.

That pincushion tho :eek: I agree its a bit odd Cosina made it an external rather than an internal mount lens.

the pincushion looks ugly, right? :eek::eek::eek:

the old nikkor-H has a similar profile but this one looks more ugly. did you see the tiles on the wall picture at my blog?

The S-Skopar is the sharpest 50mm lens I have ever seen.

The distortion Jon mentioned is next to nothing.

Nikon S2, S-Skopar 50mm f/2, 400-2TMY, printed on Adox MCC 110.

Erik.

48011712358_d54c366749_b.jpg

from my review:

fujifilm industrial 400

fh000027-1.jpg

fh000019.jpg

took this one to see if the distortion will be obvious in real photos.

dsc02119.jpg

from my Bony a7 :eek::eek::eek:

too much contrast for me but its good for some cases.

Richard, I don't see much distortion in your shots. Have you ever tried a prewar Leitz Summitar?

In b+w contrast is not a problem as you can always print softer. The Summicron 50mm f/2 v4 is even contrastier than the S-Skopar.

Erik.

Richard, I don't see much distortion in your shots. Have you ever tried a prewar Leitz Summitar?

In b+w contrast is not a problem as you can always print softer. The Summicron 50mm f/2 v4 is even contrastier than the S-Skopar.

Erik.

the distortion is most obvious on the aluminium rail on my picture of the ramen restaurant and the storefront with the coke machine :eek::eek::eek:
the concrete beam on the temple photo has it, too.

i can even see it in your picture near the spherical tank. (1/3) and at the bottom,too.

its not too different from a nikkor-H and may even have less of it.

i only have an elmar. :rolleyes: i dont want to venture into leicas. nikkors are already quite expensive for me :rolleyes:

I've been using the Nikkor H since 1971. Indeed it has a tremendous lot of distortion near the borders of the picture.

You mention parts inside the picture, towards the centre. I will have a look at that; in the case of distortion I only look at the borders of the picture: there should the distortion be the worst, but probably not always.

Thank you for your reaction.

Btw, it is not a tank but an egg of a giant bird.

Erik.

Back