Voigtlander Bessa R2A Brick'd

Hunnids

Local time
10:14 AM
Hello folks,

I have bricked my R2A recently and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it or where I can get it fixed at.

So the story is: I was going to load in film and forgot I did not have film in it already. So I pressed the film release button and went to unwind it and had no tension. Then I proceeded to load in film but my advancing lever is locked out and when I press the shutter release, nothing happens. My thinking is that the film release button being pressed in has locked out my advancing lever but I do not know how to depress the film release button.

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone has for me and I would pay for the knowledge if needed as well.

Thank you in advance,

One thing you might try after unloading the new roll of film is to manually roll the sprocket shaft with your fingers so that it gives the action of exposed film being rolled up for unloading.

PF

I jammed my Bessa once when I had it on slow shutter speed and I wound on before the cycle was over.

I would simply take it to somewhere that fixes film cameras. I know it is a rangefinder, but this problem should be able to be fixed by someone with experience.

I‘d take the bottom plate off and take a look. Maybe it is enough to gently touch a gesr or two. Just don’t force it.

Looks like it’s the same internals as the other rebadged SLRs made by Cosina. The Nikon FM10? It’s not the rangefinder causing it.

One thing you might try after unloading the new roll of film is to manually roll the sprocket shaft with your fingers so that it gives the action of exposed film being rolled up for unloading.

PF
I have tried that. maybe I didn't wound it back far enough? I was thinking that the film release would depress after doing so. Maybe I'll keep trying that.

Back