Voigtlander Double Accessory Shoe Alternative?

Local time
11:41 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to the long-unavailable Voigtlander Double Accessory Shoe?

My searches have turned up... nothing.

Thank you in advance.

I have a Voitlander Double Shoe Accessory which I would be willing to sell. It is in "as new" condition. I also have the Voitlander level that fits on an angle so that it does not interfere with the second shoe. The level is also in "as new" condition. Let me know if you have any interest.

I have a Voitlander Double Shoe Accessory which I would be willing to sell. It is in "as new" condition. I also have the Voitlander level that fits on an angle so that it does not interfere with the second shoe. The level is also in "as new" condition. Let me know if you have any interest.

PM sent - interested in both.

Available!

Available!

If anyone is still looking, I just listed a double shoe, spirit level, 12mm Heliar, and 77mm finder on the 'bay.

Tom

attachment.php

Looks like I just bought your 12mm Tom, looking forward to it:)

Hiya, Thatspec.

Think about those cool accessories, too. The lens is amazing, and the level really is very helpful, at least it was for me. I often have to straighten my pictures a little--guess I'm just not a very upright guy--but with a 12mm lens it is very obvious if you are not level!

TD

Hi Tom,
That is certainly the nicest bubble level I've ever seen and being discontinued, suspect someone will utilize the BIN. I'll have to accessorize at some later date (after account recovery). Had only looked for about a week but felt that was a very fair deal for the package you were offering, Thanks!

Just a suggestion: buy two cheap hotshoes via eBay (about $3, delivered), butcher them so you end up with two "feet" and two shoes, get a suitably sized piece of plastic or metal, cut the material to size, then Araldite one of the feet and the two shoes onto the strip of material. You'll then have a custom made adapter for a few Dollars/Euros/Pounds or whatever.

I haven't tried this particular idea myself, though now I've thought about it, I might just see if I could mount the finders for my three lenses side by side, so I don't need to change the viewfinder when I change the lens on my Bessa L. :)

I've tried hack a DIY double shoe from an old LeicaMeter (foot) and 2x FED/Zorki (Shoes) along with a scrap of aluminum. The trouble I had, is it fits a Leica ok, but it doesn't play nice with any other camera I have.

No wonder VC had 3 versions of this accessory.

DAG's double shoe looks to be tall enough to work on just about anything, except maybe a Nikon RF. I haven't tried either, just to expensive for what it is, I'll stick with those cheaply had (25cents) Velcro pads.

Edit: There was also some plastic double shoes floating around the classifieds last year, tried to grab them up, but the seller never got back with me.
I swear these are the ones DAG used to sell for like 20$? Before he had these nicer albeit more expensive metal shoes.

I've contacted Don in the past, and unfortunately these older units are lost to time.

A cheap sub-30$ plastic double shoe would be a big hit, hint hint, anyone got a fancy 3D printer!

Son of Make Your Own

Son of Make Your Own

Your can make your own. Here parts commonly found on eBay:
Red thing is $8 thumb rest (from China).
Black thing tripod to flash shoe mount, $4 shipped from China.
Leica IIIa shoe, $10 shipped from ebay.
Two shoe contraption is home made.

Just buy some screws, add a bit a brass and do some drilling and you have whatever you need.

Attachments

• Make-Your-Own.jpg
    Make-Your-Own.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1
Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas and solutions!
I am not at all practical and therefore the best alternative for me is to buy a accessory. The hunt is on!

Just firing up this old thread as I would like the viogtlander double hot shoe adapter bur they seem to go for £185, cripes.
The thumbs up one is no good, will interfer with wind on lever. DAG shoes a little too close together. The ones on amozon, ebay are not quite right. I need one of the shoes iver the mounting shoe, not off set. Any decent ones ( not flimsy) out there.

Back