Voigtlander M 35/1.2 Nokton photos...

Hey Michael, thanks for sharing these nice photos. Are you starting to like the 35mm focal length?

Hey Michael, thanks for sharing these nice photos. Are you starting to like the 35mm focal length?

Hey Mike...thanks for the m3 again, it performed excellent in laos with the 50mm rigid and the 90mm summicron.....as far as the 35mm focal length goes, it's starting to grow on me...but I don't feel right having a 28/35/50 with me,,,it throws things off for me....I think it is either a 35mm or a 28/50...anyways.....here is another one from the nokton....

Vang Vieng, Laos.....Songkran festival.....Nam Song river

3492389148_d18f83cfb1_o.jpg

cheers, michael

had to search for this one, 35/1.2 at 1.2...

Todd

Attachments

• tay_nokton.jpg
    tay_nokton.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
What a great lens; the difference between 1.4 and 1.2 is minor except when you've maxed out your ISO and are shooting at 1/8th of a second, right then, it makes a difference.

I mostly find that short of the 35mm Summilux ASPH, its the only super fast 35 that's sharp wide open. I compared it to a 35 Summilux ASPH and found it to be just a hair less sharp, but put it this way, it would have been impossible for me to tell them apart if i hadn't written it down. The two lens' perform just stunningly and this lens is just a steal compared to the ASPH. The size is the only caveat.

"Excellent photo. It's sweet and sensual. The portrait is fabulous and looks very candid. The bokeh is wonderful, even on the Apple insignia. Well Done."

Joel

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it....I am sure she will be happy to read your post...

I am still getting used to this lens and its signature (look)....one of the reasons that I purchased this lens was to create photos like the one below of the car....obviously, I don't want all of my pictures to be shot at 1.2 and to have the look of the photo below, but sometimes, it just seems right.....

Luang Prabang....shot at 1.2.....
3494317393_a0f7fa42f3_o.jpg

cheers, michael

p.s., hey Hans Voralberg, I like that second photo of the girl...I used to live in Saigon (HCMC) and that photo brings back memories

edit:...what the heck happened to the bottom left of my photo....I think I need to re-scan the negative...

Last edited:
Nobody has mentioned it's low contrast yet. This is one of the things I love most about the Nokton 1.2, so much detail can be retained in the shadows and highlights even when on the M8. I also have the v.4 Summicron ( so called King Of Bokeh ) yet I use it less and less now I have the Nokton.

It may be big for an RF lens but it's nothing compared to most SLR lenses and as such sits permanently on one of my M6 bodies.

...and as for it's 'look,' utterly beautiful!

Nobody has mentioned it's low contrast yet. This is one of the things I love most about the Nokton 1.2, so much detail can be retained in the shadows and highlights even when on the M8. I also have the v.4 Summicron ( so called King Of Bokeh ) yet I use it less and less now I have the Nokton.

It may be big for an RF lens but it's nothing compared to most SLR lenses and as such sits permanently on one of my M6 bodies.

...and as for it's 'look,' utterly beautiful!

I agree! except for the contrast being 'low', I think it actually can be quite strong (even at f1.2) and STILL show that amount of detail, which is even better imho =)
it became my n° lens from the first minute I used it mine!

The Nokton 1.2 seems to be a chick-magnet. ;) I'll have to keep this in mind. :)

Joking aside, I like what I'm seeing with this lens. Keep them coming.

TRES COOOOL set Simon /Our Man in Tangiers....
love the shots of your Niece and the men at the River/Bridge

Mind you the color shots are Lovely in terms of subtelty / NOT Disney Color Pop....

All the Best- H

Nokton @ f1.2

Nokton @ f1.2

I just got this lens from cameraquest, and I am loving it, It renders beautifully. It makes up for the weight and size.

Attachments

• _EPS2282.jpg
    _EPS2282.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
Back