Voigtlander M 35/1.4 Nokton Images

GXR-M. It had some really interesting flare at wider apertures and even stopped down was pretty pronounced. Could be the skylight filter on it though.
0wi0eLTl.jpg

yT0uX2Ll.jpg

Wow. That Kentmere in Rodinal looks great. I'm guessing 1:50 for somewhere around 10 minutes? They have more tonal differentiation than Rodinal stand development usually offers.
Thanks! According to my notes it is R09 1+25 for 9,5 minutes at ≈ 20,5-21°C, the negatives are naturally pretty thin, but they got the information needed :)

(Contrast adjustments was, of course, applied in post processing)

truly horrible lens, such ugly and harsh bokeh, all this distortion.. it looks like shot through a fisheye! And all this focus shift, 10m backfocus at f2.8!!! :rolleyes:

(my opening statement was ironic, the more I shoot this lens the more I love it ;) )

yes, there is some slight backfocus at f2.8 and f4.0... but on my Nokton the depth of field is still big enough to cover the focused point (tested it at 70-80cm)
yes, there is some distortion, but I don't care. I'm not using it for architecture
the bokeh can be slightly on the wild side at f1.4 (it really depends on the background)... closed down to f1.7 or f2.0 it gets quite neutral and creamy

either I have a good sample of this lens or all the hate is exaggerated. Mine is sharp enough, very usable wide open, focuses correctly, is flare resistant and draws nicely

I'll play.

I do have to admit, when I owned this lens I really did love the thing. The images I got from it were something else. Having since moved on to my biogon 35mm F2 there's something to be had for a lens with imperfections. The charm from this lens is something it shouldn't be penalized for.

8624613077_280faf9d9b_c.jpg

9316715511_fef44c945b_c.jpg

9064770974_e5b9457217_c.jpg

Back