Voigtlander NOKTON 35mm F1.2 X

Almost regret selling my fuji gear...but since the news says it compatible with xpro3 then maybe its time to invest again...time will tell but it looks very promising. Very exciting

If you turn on the MF distance scale on the lcd or evf does the lens change focus distance on that scale when you focus the lens?

Shawn

The chipped interface can vary from camera to camera - the newest cameras having the most features. See compatibility list in this thread.

The MF distance scale in the VF does change on the T4 body.

The chipped interface can vary from camera to camera - the newest cameras having the most features. See compatibility list in this thread.

The MF distance scale in the VF does change on the T4 body.

That is very cool. Should be an awesome lens on the X-Pro 3. Would be great if Fuji updated the XP2 and XP1 for it as well.

Shawn

The FX version has an ED element which the M mount version does not have, and the FX lens is tweaked for the FX sensor.
Missed that, thank you! I'm excited for the reviews to come out. If it's performance is good stopped down to f2 and further I'll probably pick it. As it was I was planning on getting the 35mm f2 ASPH and adapting it so a native lens good at f2 is really enticing.

If Cosina made 23mm and 18mm lenses with focusing tabs, those would let you scale focus by feel just like on a rangefinder. I would go crazy.

voigtlander_fuji_fx_35mm_f1_2_nokton-10.jpg

F1.2

voigtlander_fuji_fx_35mm_f1_2_nokton-9.jpg

F2

1938 Buick on its way to a car show

voigtlander_fuji_fx_35mm_f1_2_nokton-11.jpg

F1.2

Cant wait for voigtlander to release the rest of their line onto fuji...or piggyback onto other lens mounts like zeiss did sony...perhaps L mount

Wonderful rendering btw

These look great thanks!

I have made the first step towards this lens, I got the x-pro3!

If Cosina made 23mm and 18mm lenses with focusing tabs, those would let you scale focus by feel just like on a rangefinder. I would go crazy.

Yes I am going to miss the focusing tab from my CV 35. I wish they had left just a threaded hole that we could use to mount a focusing tab.

That Porsche headlight shot has some beautiful tones.

I'm pretty well sold on this lens, now just to wait for local stock to land.

A little something about the Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f1.2 (X-mount) lens.

I’ve had mine for over a month and the first time I used it I noticed something peculiar. When I turned the aperture ring to F1.2, the digital display in the viewfinder indicated T1.3. My first reaction was “what the hell is T1.3” is that some kind of exposure compensation setting that I accidentally touched? No, every F-stop displayed in the viewfinder was was off by .1 (e.g. F2 was T2.1, F8 was T8.1… etc.). It was annoying, I thought my lens was chipped with defective chips. I thought maybe I could live with it because if I set the aperture to F2 despite what the display said, the file data for the image was correct. Alas, I couldn’t live with it and I boxed it up and went to the brick & mortar shop in Yokohama where I bought it and told them that my lens was defective.

I demonstrated the problem on my camera to them, they tried the lens on other Fuji cameras in the shop… same result. So, the shop attendant picked up the phone and called Cosina. Ten minutes later the problem was resolved.

The Fuji cameras think that the Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f1.2 (X-mount) lens is a cine lens for video. The default setting in the camera is to read in T-stops. The solution is to go into the menu and change it from displaying T-stops to displaying F-stops. Now when I set the aperture to F1.2 the display reads F1.2 and so on and so forth through the rest of the F-stops.

Maybe if I had a background in filming video this would have all been obvious to me but I have never shot video in my life. Anyway, I’m just glad that the lens now works as I expect it to and I appreciate the Shop’s quick response by calling Cosina and getting things straightened out for me.

Sorry for the long winded post, I didn’t know any other way to explain the situation with fewer words.

All the best,
Mike

The Fuji cameras think that the Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f1.2 (X-mount) lens is a cine lens for video. The default setting in the camera is to read in T-stops. The solution is to go into the menu and change it from displaying T-stops to displaying F-stops. Now when I set the aperture to F1.2 the display reads F1.2 and so on and so forth through the rest of the F-stops.
My understanding is that the Voigtlander lens is setup like a cine lens which is the reason it's only compatible with some Fujifilm cameras. A lot of people were upset it isn't fully compatible with the X-Pro2, but it seems the camera is the problem, not the lens. Only certain camera bodies are fully compatible with cine lenses, the X-Pro2 not being one of them.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos with it. I've almost pulled the trigger on it multiple times but always back out at the last second.

A lot of people were upset it isn't fully compatible with the X-Pro2, but it seems the camera is the problem, not the lens. Only certain camera bodies are fully compatible with cine lenses, the X-Pro2 not being one of them

This doesn't make much sense...why isn't it "fully" compatible? Oh just the EXIF data? So, it is a firmware thing...

Back