Voigtlander R2S In Nikon Rangefinder Mount

selma-1

Established
Local time
4:51 AM
Tom I beleive that you use one or more of these cameras. What do you find the positive's and negative's of this camera? Also I have one of you soft releases that do not work on these cameras and ended up using it on my Rollei 35s. Do you now make a solt release for this camera?

On the positive side: It is made and you have a good meter in it. It is somewhat limited as to the lenses that are usable on it. I would have liked to have a 105 frame in it too. There are a couple of lenses that will not work on it. The Zeiss biogon 21 and 35 intrudes too much, but as I tend to use it with my 35's in S mount it is not a huge problem. At the moment my R2S has 100 Acros in it and the 21/4 VC lens on it. I am shooting with every 21 that I have and the excuse is that i am "testing" them all against the new ZM 21/4.5.
If you have the version with the 50/3.5 Heliar (the NHS version)- count yourself lucky. One of the truly astounding 50's of all time!
As for the Softrelease - the mini works fine on my R2S, but it did not fit the R2C without some tape wrapped around the thread. I suspect that the sub-contractor who makes this for Cosina Voigtlander had two different threads on his and it is a bit of a lottery if you got the rough thread one or the tighter thread.
It would not be feasible to make special edition as the cutting tool for the Softie is very expensive to make and the rougher thread would need a different pitch on it. These cutters are the size of matchhead and are made from solid carbide with multiple angles on it.

Thanks Tom. I have 2 R2s camera body's, one R2S and one R2S NHS with the 50mm F3.5 Heliar on it and a full set of Voigtlander and Nikon Lenses.

Last edited:
Tom The Voigtlander R2S NHS Cameras that I have come across have earlier serial numbers than the R2S Cameras bought 2 to 3 years ago. Any ideas??

You might try a Nikon AR-9. It is like a mini-softy, but concave on top (like the AR-1) rather than convex (like all of Toms wonderful products). I have them on my Leicas and love them, on my Bessas is a MSR (Mini Soft Release from Tom) and on my Nikons are AR-1s.

B2 (;->

Back