Voigtlander Ultron 2/50mm Leica M39 DIY

arri

Local time
1:15 PM
It is a similar convertion like the SK Xenar 2.8/50mm I post just before.
The Ultron is my favorite standard lens.
It were the best lens of its time but only available for Voigtlander cameras.
It is a successor of the SK Kleinbild Xenon of the 1930. A.W. Tronnier computed it for Schneider but because of the uncoated glass it were very sensitive for reflections.

In the late 1940 Mr. Tronnier worked for Voigtländer and redesigned the KB Xenon and named it Ultron.

An nonsymmetrical design, six elements in five groups.
Incredible sharp lens with an excellent color transmission, nearly apochromatic corrected.

I made this picture of the Leica with the lens with SK Apo Symmar 5.6/210mm in 4x5" format

44319089290_ec535980c4_b.jpg

Yes please, more information! Although that will drive prices for these lenses up...
Your sample pictures look a bit mushy, excessive jpeg compression, or maybe noise reduction?

Hi Arri, Did you get that ultron from maybe a Vitessa and put it into an akarette xenon lens body?
Nathan

You are right, this one were out of a damaged Vitessa camera and I mount it in a Aka barrel but this makes a lot of work because of the separate socket and the tube for the rangefinder coupling and the complete adjusting.
A little bit easier is to use a socket which already has an M39 mount with a rangefinder cam, like a Russian Industar barrel or a similar lens.
Twi years ago I used a focus socket of a Leitz Summitar to give my Voigtlander Prominent lenses a new home. It got the Prominent bayonet to change between the three standard lenses of the system, the Color Skopar 3.5/50mm, the Unlron 2/50mm and the Nokton 1.5/50mm.
I must have a look, I guess that I still have pictures of it.

Back