W-Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 LTM

50,000 yen I think. A shame to trash a perfectly good S-mount 35/1.8 lens regardless of the cost though.
I agree, but then one would have to find a Nikon body to use it. If one already have quite a few M bodies, then it is quite a duplication unless for collector.
what is the best user nikon body for it? S3?

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using Tapatalk

I agree, but then one would have to find a Nikon body to use it. If one already have quite a few M bodies, then it is quite a duplication unless for collector. what is the best user nikon body for it? S3? Sent from my DMC-CM1 using Tapatalk

I suggest getting an LTM version. No need for conversion (except for an L-M adapter), it focuses in the correct direction, and while you pay a premium for one they retain their value very well so you won't lose if/when you sell it.

A Nikon S3 would be a good match for a 35mm lens and you should be able to find one for around 50,000 yen with a bit of patience.

I suggest getting an LTM version. No need for conversion (except for an L-M adapter), it focuses in the correct direction, and while you pay a premium for one they retain their value very well so you won't lose if/when you sell it.

A Nikon S3 would be a good match for a 35mm lens and you should be able to find one for around 50,000 yen with a bit of patience.
:) thanks.
I actually own a ltm version but can't hold from a puchasement I made recently which is a s mount version.
Like it too much.

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using Tapatalk

:) thanks.
I actually own a ltm version but can't hold from a puchasement I made recently which is a s mount version.
Like it too much.

Lol in that case, get yerself a Nikon S3. It'll make a lovely rear lens cap for the S-mount W-Nikkor 35/1.8 you couldn't help purchasing ;)

You're better off pick up broken Konica Hexar af camera and having the lens converted to M mount (via MS optical). A lot less expensive, closer focus (then the ltm) and modern lens coating

Hexar%20test-006.jpg

Reactions: JMF
Nikkor 35

Nikkor 35

So what would be the problem with a CV 35 2.5 Skopar LTM? Isn't that less expensive? Shooting digital the speed issue isn't there....and maybe not DOF either.

Or maybe a 35 Canon LTM?

I know Nikkor is a great lens but it may not necessarily fit the bill , given the p;rice.

So what would be the problem with a CV 35 2.5 Skopar LTM? Isn't that less expensive? Shooting digital the speed issue isn't there....and maybe not DOF either.

Or maybe a 35 Canon LTM?

I know Nikkor is a great lens but it may not necessarily fit the bill , given the p;rice.

Hap,

The 35/1.8 Nikkor is a special lens with its own rendering.

As far as price goes the only other lens for B&W that might be its competition is the 35 Cron Version 1 which is even more costly.

No doubt that there are many other 35mm FOV lenses... and many less costly.

Simply put the 35/1.8 is a unique lens.

Cal

That one on ebay is a solution to a problem that was already solved. Or, like doing dental work and going in through the anus. There are still a good number of LTM lenses of this type available at a lower price, and now there is one less for the Nikon rangefinder. Another case of butchering a perfectly fine lens. Sad.
Phil Forrest

Hap,

The 35/1.8 Nikkor is a special lens with its own rendering.

As far as price goes the only other lens for B&W that might be its competition is the 35 Cron Version 1 which is even more costly.

No doubt that there are many other 35mm FOV lenses... and many less costly.

Simply put the 35/1.8 is a unique lens.

Cal

I have both, Cal. The Summicron version 1 and the Nikkor 35/1.8 ltm. Both lenses are superb, in my opinion.

I just came across this Nikkor 3.5/1.8 converted to Leica M mount. Not a pretty conversion, and the seller wants plenty for it. The new rear barrel makes the lens look horrible.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-W-N...-Leica-M-mount-from-Japan-017640/383698339435

Oooooffffff that is UGLY :eek:

That one on ebay is a solution to a problem that was already solved. Or, like doing dental work and going in through the anus. There are still a good number of LTM lenses of this type available at a lower price, and now there is one less for the Nikon rangefinder. Another case of butchering a perfectly fine lens. Sad.
Phil Forrest

Not any more. LTM versions of this lens are far less common than the S-mount versions, and they are hard to find and expensive these days. You'd be hard pressed to find one for twice the price of the hacked eBay lens, let alone cheaper.

Back