W/NW: Anything 4x5

gdi

Mentor
Local time
12:38 PM
Just learning this stuff and having a great time. Post anything 4x5 images...
4533078808_8eb487caf0_o.jpg

Thanks ... I love 4x5!

I hope we get a lot more images in this thead.

p124597507.jpg

Those color shots are great (slide, Vince?). I've never tried LF color.

Nor have I ... the price discourages me! :p

I did just get fifty sheets of Chinese Era 4x5 in the post today ... at less than .50c per sheet it's cannon fodder for the Graphic and Ive read that it's pretty decent stuff ... time will tell!

I also finally have my 16.5cm Zeiss Jena lens and Compur shutter from 1913 mounted into a lens board and ready to try this weekend! :eek:

:D

carsunLFR2.jpg

Those color shots are great (slide, Vince?). I've never tried LF color.

Thanks -- the building shot is Ektachrome 100, and the 5 cents shot is Tri-x, but it's a platinum/palladium print.

Here's a fun one -- a 6 shot 4x5 panoramic that I did for the architect Richard Rogers a few years ago (one of my few brushes with fame!). The artist's conception is worked into the photo.

RichardRogersPartnership.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shots here!

Keith - there's not much wrong with ERA, bar the occasional pinhole in the emulsion. Here's a sample.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4x5_027.jpg
    4x5_027.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 0
Keith - there's not much wrong with ERA, bar the occasional pinhole in the emulsion. Here's a sample.

Thanks Chris,

That looks very good and the odd pinhole is no big deal really.

I was quite struck with the HP5+ I used recently ... I think I like it a little better than the TRI-X I've used previously ... more subtle tones IMO!

I think any old rubbish you shoot in 4x5 is going to look better than that weeny 35mm stuff that's so popular around here! :p

From my brief flirtation with 4x5. I found it logistically a bit more than I wanted to take on.

This one handheld.
3562989902_a220336903_o.jpg

This one pinhole.
3621380616_4398f6fcd7_o.jpg

Lovely shots here!

attachment.php

That does look good - why did I just pay $58 for a box of Tri-X? I have been using HP5 and it's expensive too. I really need some cheap film to practice with, where do you find Era, on auction?

(One of the reasons I need cheap is because of all the mistakes - like insisting on trying those old wood holders that pop up now and then!)

Nor have I ... the price discourages me! :p

I did just get fifty sheets of Chinese Era 4x5 in the post today ... at less than .50c per sheet it's cannon fodder for the Graphic and Ive read that it's pretty decent stuff ... time will tell!

I also finally have my 16.5cm Zeiss Jena lens and Compur shutter from 1913 mounted into a lens board and ready to try this weekend! :eek:

:D

carsunLFR2.jpg

This is very nice Keith! I love the mood.

Back