W/NW: Chairs

View attachment 4825698

Boat House, Sunday morning, Burlington, Vermont

Fujifilm X-100V, August 28, 2022

I have never been to Vermont. When I think of Vermont this is not the kind of scenery I have in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of maple trees and log cabins. Maybe a stodgy old mansion or two, or a lot more than that.

Burlington looks like a nice place. Nice shot!

All the best,
Mike

I have just gone back through photos to the 1970's and it is if in the universe of my photography chairs do not exist. Somehow I have made it to my advanced age without featuring a single chair. I am chairless. Chair-free. Un-seated.

Patagonia AZ

Attachments

• 708AAE3F-DC2F-4701-AD51-325C2414F4AD.jpeg
    708AAE3F-DC2F-4701-AD51-325C2414F4AD.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 7B801042-1E5C-435E-AF21-CAB73EE7AEC4.jpeg
    7B801042-1E5C-435E-AF21-CAB73EE7AEC4.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 3
I called this photo "The Last Supper" because there was something about the composition and the demeanor of the participants that reminded me a bit of Leonardo's great painting. But viewed in another way it is the collection of red plastic chairs that are the "heroes" of the photo and help make it more eye catching. (I also like the effect created by the clear plastic weather screens which give the whole a more abstract quality. Purse chance I assure you. )

Last Supper by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Last edited:
Blue Petal Chairs.
I used to walk down the lane which looked onto this CBD office building foyer (in which I once, in an earlier incarnation worked). On this particular day the strangely blue hue of the ambient light entering through the window caught the chairs in the waiting area in an inteeresting way.

Blue Petal Chairs by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Who recalls the American animated comedy show "Family Guy"?

In one episode of Family Guy Stewie Griffin (who has an acid tongue and a piercing and acerbic wit said the following about photography:

"Oh, that is SO lame. Every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she's a photographer. Oooh, you took a black and white picture of a lawn chair and its shadow and developed it at Save-On; you must be brooding and deep."

I have news for you Stewie. So does every guy with a camera. :^)

Made me laugh anyway! So I took this picture to prove my point. :)

Stewie Griffin's favourite photo by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Hi Mike,

re: your post # 281

Thank you for your comments. Many maple trees, some mansions, I guess, and many lakes, and lots and lots more trees.

Something on YouTube:
Renewing old friendships in Tunbridge, Vermont [~~ 5 minutes]

Back