W/NW - Classic Cars

Well, this one's easy to get photos of ... since I own it. ;)

La Signora Fulvia (my '67 Lancia Fulvia Coupé) has recently been given three upgrades:
- The mechanical cooling fan has been replaced by an electrically operated, thermostatically controlled fan.
- The ancient generator (balanced charge @ 2300 rpm) has been replaced by a modern alternator (balanced charge @ 950 rpm) and
70% more output amperage.
- The exhaust system (which developed a big hole in the muffler) has been replaced by a new Abarth exhaust system.

It now starts better, revs faster, probably makes an additional hp or three, and sounds much more sporty!

Fulvia - front, three-quarter by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr

New Abarth Tailpipe #1 by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr

Fulvia - rear, three-quarter by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr

Onwards, always onwards ... :D
G

Renault Clan​
U69954.1713733414.0.jpg

Sony A7III camera
Sigma 35mm f2 lens
April 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

@Godfrey - Do you run a Pertronix ignition in your Lancia?
That car looks like it's a blast to drive. Nicely done!

I installed a 123 Ignition system as one of my first upgrades to the Fulvia, along with new modern-spec plug wires and Bosch coil. It's made a huge difference, and made the carburetors much easier to tune! (... 90% of all older cars carburetion problems are really marginal ignition systems... I learned that a very long time ago, starting with older motorcycle engines.) Another ignition change I made was to fit E3 #46 sparkplugs, on the advice of another friend who is very knowledgeable about Lancias. He was right on the mark: much better performance, easier starting, etc etc.

It is indeed a kick to drive! :D

G

Okay ... Three new photos of the Fulvia along with the sounds of it starting and going through the gears...

53679842510_b5b258eeea_h.jpg

1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupé with Abarth exhaust

Oh yes: both the photos and the sound recording were all made with an iPhone 15 Pro ... The sounds were edited with Audacity, the photos captured in raw using the Moment camera app and rendered in Lightroom Classic, and the movie was assembled in iMovie.

enjoy! G

Back