w/nw Environmental Portraits

Hair Cut @Hanoi. 2019.
53170448554_9cf566c3ed_k.jpg

Summaron 35mm f2.8. Pseudo B&W.

South Apopka, Florida 2012 - the deceased Marvin Zanders, local much loved undertaker, at one of his five memorial services. His daughter, who now manages their funeral home, prepped him every day for five days for his stream of memorial services. He always looked fresh. Mr. Smith, wearing the top hat and apron, was representing the FreeMasons of which Mr. Zanders held the highest rank.

Zanders-memorial-service.jpg

South Apopka, Florida 2008 - the late Dennis Blair was hired to cut someone's lawn but was first was given money and sent to walk to the gas station to buy a can full of gasoline. Dennis calculated that half a can full of gas would be sufficient leaving him with enough money to buy a cold tall beer along the way. The "community portrait" series I spent several years on resulted in some of my better work but certainly was one of the most enjoyable times I spent photographing. The people I associated with photographing on weekends made me a "Jekyll and Hyde" able to survive the Monday to Friday time working in corporate finance.

Dennis-Blair.jpg

Back