w/nw Environmental Portraits

This is probably stretching the definition of "portrait", but my family and friends in the bottom part of the frame give a sense of scale to the environment along the Queen's Garden Trail in Bryce Canyon National Park.

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2023.04.14 Roll #331-08016-positive.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Fort Christmas, Florida - Maude and Cecil Tucker were both born in this community of 1,610 people, married, and have always lived there. Fort Christmas began as a small fort built on Christmas day in 1837 during the Seminole Indian war. The Tucker's built this permanent manger scene in their front yard to celebrate their local heritage. When I asked if I could photograph them, they insisted on changing clothes to their best dressed.

Christmas---Maude-&-Cecil-T.jpg

Fort Christmas, Florida - Maude and Cecil Tucker were both born in this community of 1,610 people, married, and have always lived there. Fort Christmas began as a small fort built on Christmas day in 1837 during the Seminole Indian war. The Tucker's built this permanent manger scene in their front yard to celebrate their local heritage. When I asked if I could photograph them, they insisted on changing clothes to their best dressed.

View attachment 4830675
Bob, your shots always show the most wonderful connection between you and your subjects. They're a welcome treat in a world of too much anger and distrust.

Bob, your shots always show the most wonderful connection between you and your subjects. They're a welcome treat in a world of too much anger and distrust.
Thanks. I find it is not difficult for me to convey that the subject is more important to me than my photographs of them. It's not about f-stops, what lens you have, or film developing time. The priority is them as a person and how I will represent them.

53579885282_3c2f4ba664_o.jpg
Leica M6/ltm Canon 35mm f2 lens. Ilford Delta 400 in HC-110.

Back