W/NW: Gay Pride

R

Rich Silfver

It was a very gay weekend in San Francisco. More so than normally - as it was both 'Dykes on Bikes' on Saturday and then "Gay Pride, 2006" on Sunday.

Would love to see others photos from the event(s).

Here are mine

Camera: Leica M3
Lens: Summicron 50/2 and Elmarit 90/2.8
Film: Tri-X 400 and Neopan 400
Filter: Leitz Yellow-Green

62632014.jpg

62632011.jpg

62632015.jpg

62632017.jpg

62632019.jpg

62632021.jpg

62632022.jpg

Rich it was huge here in Toronto, however I've shot this several times previously and felt I'd done it enough. There will be shots from the Toronto RFF'ers I'm sure. About 100,000 people came into Toronto from across Canada and the USA.

Nice stuff Rich.

From the same event in Philly.

Bessa R2a with CV 35/2.5 & CV 75/2.5

Attachments

• 060610_13.jpg
    060610_13.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 060610_24.jpg
    060610_24.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 060610_25.jpg
    060610_25.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 0
Photos are great but i get tired of the hype every year. Living in Guerneville i see this everyday and smile.I accept almost all but the yearly hype says,"look at us we are different.
Same with war and anti-war marches,american-italian marches,etc.

And either all is different or nothing is.

Ergo said:
Photos are great but i get tired of the hype every year. Living in Guerneville i see this everyday and smile.I accept almost all but the yearly hype says,"look at us we are different.
Same with war and anti-war marches,american-italian marches,etc.

well, that's a whole 'different' thing then...:)

Ergo said:

I'm afraid that's easier to say for some people than for others.

Here's mine from the parade after-party. I felt like I'd walked into an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. Purr.

177049366_8fc1cabf79.jpg

MelanieC said:
Is the second one on Walnut Street in front of Tiffany?

Yes Melanie, I believe it was called that at one time but has gone through a number of iterations since then. It's at 12th and Walnut in the Gayborhood.

Nice shots. I like the last one. What is that, a hamster skin on his shoulder? Ha!

Vagabond said:
Yes Melanie, I believe it was called that at one time but has gone through a number of iterations since then. It's at 12th and Walnut in the Gayborhood.

Nice shots. I like the last one. What is that, a hamster skin on his shoulder? Ha!

Wow, I was about five blocks too far west in my assessment. I was thinking that was on the main shopping drag on the other side of Broad.

Well, I've been gone for a while.

I wondered about the rodent(s) hanging from his, um, chestpiece. I believe they are ermine, although they bear an uncanny resemblance to the white rats that my students at Penn were required to dissect every semester. The rats become dorsoventrally flattened in the same manner as my subject's ornaments but they are a tad juicier.

i will try to work the word 'dorsoventrally' into a conversation this week :)

Back