W/NW: Grandfathers (100 years old today)

S

Simon Larbalestier

100_years_old_today_by_SimonLarbalestier.jpg

My Grandfather, who still lives independently, photographed in his garden, 100 years old today, 27/4/2007

Tx-2 +45/4 Delta 400 in PMK PYro. Scanned from a chlorobromide print.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alan :) there's a big family party tomorrow (age range 21 months to 100 years!)
i'll be documenting that and hopefully adding to this thread in a few weeks.....

Simon Larby said:
Thanks Alan :) there's a big family party tomorrow (age range 21 months to 100 years!)
i'll be documenting that and hopefully adding to this thread in a few weeks.....

I look forward to seeing your photos. In the meantime, here's my Grandpa, who passed away about 18 years ago:

Attachments

• grandpa_rff.jpg
    grandpa_rff.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
My grandfather died last September after a brief illness, he made it to 98. He was still independent and active until the end. I don't have any pictures of him to hand, but this thread will give me the impetus to scan some.

Ian

Alan - a timeless shot in a period kitchen.

Ian - I think to be independent right to the last, is very important, i look forward to seeing some scans.

Mauro - thanks :)

Good going, Simon and Ian. At 84, my mother needs help with nearly everything and spends most of her time in bed.

One more to bump this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great shot, Simon: congratulations!
And enjoy your grandfather: you are lucky, I had not the chance to meet my grandparents.
Have a nice weekend, and keep your cameras always ready to fire!

Mauro thanks
You know what's special to me is that my children (13 and 17) have a great grandfather that still amazes me everytime i take them to see him. I have a whole body of work ready to print on this subject....

This is your treasure.
I am sure your work will be excellent, because it concerns your most loved subject.
By the way,may I ask what is your camera? I use a FED3b + a Kiev 4 with FSU lens (besides two SLRs).

Take more photos of this lovely old man while you still can. Family documentation is priceless.

FrankS said:
Take more photos of this lovely old man while you still can. Family documentation is priceless.

Hi Frank i will and i have been these last 10 years.
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Mauro the camera is the Fuji TX-2 (re-badged Xpan II) exactly the same only made for the Asian Market and in a black finish not the dark graphite of the Xpan.

Back