W/NW Harbours, harbors, ports

^ Peter, a beautiful set! Worthy of a book or at least a calendar. Hong Kong is - was - my favorite port when I was a young man in the Navy. I have so many great memories!

Osanbashi Pier
Yokohama, Japan

The children run wild in the port of Yokohama.
DSC00356.JPG

Mike

^ Peter, a beautiful set! Worthy of a book or at least a calendar. Hong Kong is - was - my favorite port when I was a young man in the Navy. I have so many great memories!

Osanbashi Pier
Yokohama, Japan

Mike

Thanks Mike. Its hard to make poor photos when the setting is so beautiful and ever changing. I have grown to love Hong Kong too. I think it is because it is always so full of life and anergy. I have some good memories too.

cheers Peter

Sorry to make a meal of it but here are a few more from Hong Kong's beautiful Victoria Harbour. I had the great good fortune on this trip of staying at the Kowloon Shangri La in a room overlooking the harbour which made 24 hour a day photography a breeze and a joy. hardly needed to get out of bed :)

Foggy morning, Hong Kong by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Hong Kong Early Morning Mist: Monochrome by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Hong Kong Mist by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

The harbour - red sails at night by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Fujifilm X-Pro2, Fujinon XF 18mm f2 R WR lens
Astia film simulation
Kurihama, Japan
May, 2019

Kurihama Ferry Port
DSCF2727.JPG

Mike

Romanshorn Harbor, Switzerland received Lake Constance's second lighthouse last year.
Compared to the 36m high brick lighthouse from 1856 at Lindau Harbor, this wooden dummy is just a ridiculously small amusement for visitors to the surrounding beer garden.
Although - both lighthouses have no significance as a navigation mark for shipping.

med_U31858.1713484749.0.webp

Back