W/NW - Musicians

Great photo! Blind Pilot is an awesome band, one of my favorites. :cool: I saw them live a few years ago at the legendary Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. The main concert area is standing room only, and for the last song in their set, they asked everyone to sit down on the floor. Then, they came down off the stage into the audience and played Three Rounds and a Sound acoustic, unplugged and un-mic'ed. Everyone in the whole venue had to quiet all the way down, creating a really intimate, unique experience.

Israel Nebeker, pilot in chief, was in my poetry workshop at UOregon a million years ago. I see them when I can, because Israel has an angelic voice and redemptive spirit. But they’re 3000 miles west of me now.

Great photo! Blind Pilot is an awesome band, one of my favorites. :cool: I saw them live a few years ago at the legendary Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. The main concert area is standing room only, and for the last song in their set, they asked everyone to sit down on the floor. Then, they came down off the stage into the audience and played Three Rounds and a Sound acoustic, unplugged and un-mic'ed. Everyone in the whole venue had to quiet all the way down, creating a really intimate, unique experience.

Israel Nebeker, pilot in chief, was in my poetry workshop at UOregon a million years ago. I see them when I can, because Israel has an angelic voice and redemptive spirit. But they’re 3000 miles west of me now

img%5D

Elvis, 1976 Capital Center by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

One more of Elvis. I was 18 when I took these. I took my HS girlfriend and her Mom to the concert. Waited 6 hours to buy tickets...I probably have the stub somewhere, digitized the slides using a slide copier and mu43 camera, so these crop out the dark sections of the pushed slides.

Makes me wish I'd had a camera along with me for a show I took my HS girlfriend to - Stevie Ray Vaughn played the UWEC on December 11, 1985. Great show, about 5 rows back. I was recently back from Active Duty by then and she was visiting her parents for Christmas. Funnily enough, we started dating again about 2 years ago... ;)

Cueto, Cuba 2022 - our municipal band. You may wonder how a poor Cuban community of 8,000 people can have its own band where membership is a paying full time job. Key is the old Cuban worker's expression "we pretend to work and the government pretends to pay us"

_DSF5040.jpg

Back