W/NW On Guitar

Here's my work-in-progress. it's my other hobby although work has stopped on her until i can get my hand on a 1/2 inch router. my 1/4 inch doesn't take a bit big enough for me to accurately cut out the neck socket.

it's going to be a 'Les Paul' style arch top solid electric with 2 Seymour Duncan Humbuckers. that's AA grade flamed maple on top, i can't wait to shape it and get it to a point where i can make the grain patterns 'pop'

PA310001.jpg

PB060005.jpg

Here's my work-in-progress. it's my other hobby although work has stopped on her until i can get my hand on a 1/2 inch router. my 1/4 inch doesn't take a bit big enough for me to accurately cut out the neck socket.

it's going to be a 'Les Paul' style arch top solid electric with 2 Seymour Duncan Humbuckers. that's AA grade flamed maple on top, i can't wait to shape it and get it to a point where i can make the grain patterns 'pop'

Nice ! ...ever thought of making a neck thru design solid body ?

Oblivion Fire

Oblivion Fire

My Son plays the bass:

Attachments

• Guitar%20[1].jpg
    Guitar%20[1].jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
  • oblivion fire1.jpg
    oblivion fire1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0

I finished my DIY guitar about five years ago.

3778233478_972149e7f3.jpg

guitar pix

guitar pix

xatraa33 posted that great pic of Roy Buchanan, during The Strat Period (not too many pictures of him, then)... I was moved to post one that I took a long, long time ago...

Greg.

Attachments

• buch09.jpg
    buch09.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
Roy did use a hardtail strat in early 80s then he used a Les Paul goldtop for a while before he got to use that Guild tele copy.

The last time I saw him, he was using an '80s Tele Custom... sunburst, w/the big Fender humbucker...

Years later, I was in John Sprung's store, in MD, and he happened to have all of Buch's guitars there... Judy B. was having them cleaned/inspected, before trying to sell them. I got to play a bit, on "Nancy", and he offered to sell me the sunburst... I declined.

How sad... Buch changed my life, as an Artist, and as a Human Being. I miss his Being There, dearly.

Greg.

Attachments

• roybuch.jpg
    roybuch.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0
Nice ! ...ever thought of making a neck thru design solid body ?

I've never done a neck thru' but I've always wanted to! this guitar is an on going 'dream guitar' project that I'm happy to spend the rest of my life building. it's a design i dreamed up when i was 15. i made one for my GCSE Design Technology lessons in school and it was dog awful! back then i had no references for building a guitar except one photocopied page from a book and the measurements of my Les Paul copy. this time i have read numerous books and spent a long time on the internet reading up about it. oh and gained qualifications in cabinet making and furniture polishing... that helped hehe.

This was the prototype, a flat topped semi-hollow that has been scavinged for parts!
P9170041.jpg

it started out looking like this:

1 inch Bookmatched maple top cap, (ok, i cheated on the fingerboard and bought one ready radiused and sawed for frets) Ebony fingerboard, Bookmatched maple machine head cover
image004-3.jpg

One solid Walnut neck block
P9170001.jpg

Bookmatched Walnut body back.
image003.jpg

The last time I saw him, he was using an '80s Tele Custom... sunburst, w/the big Fender humbucker...

Years later, I was in John Sprung's store, in MD, and he happened to have all of Buch's guitars there... Judy B. was having them cleaned/inspected, before trying to sell them. I got to play a bit, on "Nancy", and he offered to sell me the sunburst... I declined.

How sad... Buch changed my life, as an Artist, and as a Human Being. I miss his Being There, dearly.

Greg.

such a sad loss of a fine talent at an early age.
there have been rumours that his death was not a suicide.

I've never done a neck thru' but I've always wanted to! this guitar is an on going 'dream guitar' project that I'm happy to spend the rest of my life building. it's a design i dreamed up when i was 15. i made one for my GCSE Design Technology lessons in school and it was dog awful! back then i had no references for building a guitar except one photocopied page from a book and the measurements of my Les Paul copy. this time i have read numerous books and spent a long time on the internet reading up about it. oh and gained qualifications in cabinet making and furniture polishing... that helped hehe.

This was the prototype, a flat topped semi-hollow that has been scavinged for parts!
P9170041.jpg

it started out looking like this:

1 inch Bookmatched maple top cap, (ok, i cheated on the fingerboard and bought one ready radiused and sawed for frets) Ebony fingerboard, Bookmatched maple machine head cover
image004-3.jpg

One solid Walnut neck block
P9170001.jpg

Bookmatched Walnut body back.
image003.jpg

That is some fine work NathanJD, I was impressed with the sound and playability and even tone-ness of the neck thru design when I owned the Yamaha SG 2000 in the late 70s
too bad it was stolen from me
my ideal solid body guitar would be an all mahogany neck thru with two p-90 pick ups alla a Gibson LP special.

Mark Flanagan' s Gibson ES-335. Hampton Court, Jun 2007

Mark Flanagan' s Gibson ES-335. Hampton Court, Jun 2007

3352065440_459d255941.jpg

That is some fine work NathanJD, I was impressed with the sound and playability and even tone-ness of the neck thru design when I owned the Yamaha SG 2000 in the late 70s
too bad it was stolen from me
my ideal solid body guitar would be an all mahogany neck thru with two p-90 pick ups alla a Gibson LP special.

You might want to send the police over to Carlos Sontana's residence! :D

I have always loved Gibsons, i was never much of a Fender fan but my dream guitar is a PRS McCarthy special. and you thought buying the M9 would require the sale of reasonably vital organs :eek:

3779622762_4074db4759.jpg

R-D1 tinfoil pinhole --- cable release manipulated by my toes.

Back