W/NW - Photos taken on the street

Taitung county, Taiwan 台東土阪

F1110034 by mitwnn, on Flickr
Canon, Sigma, Fuji-Xtra
I have several shots of the same kids at different corners of the village, it's either they're following me or I am following them...
The elementary school's right behind them/ 土阪國小

Drinking beer IN the street!

Drinking beer IN the street!

A shortage of land and/ or high real estate prices forces bars here in So. Korea to offer their customers drinking in the street instead of on the sidewalk (none) during the summer evenings. Fortunately, there's just an occasional car that passes by.

Drinking IN the street! by wrs111445, on Flickr

6716026307_6c14cfb792_b.jpg

A bit of fun with post processing. X100

Mini-critique (as if it was wanted and asked for): this is one of those HDR photos where, to my eyes, half of it is appealing and interesting, and half of it is showing the less desirable artifacts of the dynamic range adjustment (talking here about the sky halos). I think this could be a pretty provocative photo if the sky were masked out and adjusted separately and differently.

Mini-critique (as if it was wanted and asked for): this is one of those HDR photos where, to my eyes, half of it is appealing and interesting, and half of it is showing the less desirable artifacts of the dynamic range adjustment (talking here about the sky halos). I think this could be a pretty provocative photo if the sky were masked out and adjusted separately and differently.

Criticism is always welcome. I agree about the sky halos, they spoil it for me too. I was only playing around with a single image and Topaz Adjust 5, I didn't spend much time on it. HDR type images don't always do it for me but I have seen some excellent pictures posted on RFF. If I get time I will revisit this image and start again from scratch

Back