W/NW Self Portrait

5989108899_41fb7e5473_b.jpg

Call me narcissistic but I take a good amount of self-portraits.

After sneaking past a few guards and running that bridge to a government island. If gear makes a difference; Mamiya 645ZD + 45mm.
3845751776_0b271628f4_z.jpg

Riding my roommates bike in an abandoned church. Shot with a Canon 5D + 50mm f/1.8.
5100385419_36a623743c_z.jpg

Sometimes things just don't work out the way you plan. 5D + 24mm TS-E.
4573705030_756bf7e6aa_z.jpg

However two broken legs won't keep me down! 5D + Tamron 17mm f/3.5.
5324285994_46e95c910d_z.jpg

I have plenty more but I'll try and not spam the thread.

Last edited:
You must have a great story to explain the two broken legs. If not, make one up. The shot of you standing on the sign would be a good place to start if you need fictionalize, though I'm guessing the true story is probably plenty interesting. Anyway, you've posted some great images here.

Call me narcissistic but I take a good amount of self-portraits.

You must have a great story to explain the two broken legs. If not, make one up. The shot of you standing on the sign would be a good place to start if you need fictionalize, though I'm guessing the true story is probably plenty interesting. Anyway, you've posted some great images here.

I used to free climb the sides of buildings with my camera bag and tripod to see the view from the top and take photos. One night I was just messing around and didn't have anything with me but decided it would be fun to work my way up an apartment building. About 15 feet up I started to slip and pushed off since I didn't want to fall on my back and landed on both heels very hard and broke pretty much everything below my knees. While in the wheelchair I discovered this site and bought a couple TLR's and it all went downhill (uphill?) from there.

ouch! promise, no climbing whilst wheelchair-bound. the bulldozer shot is very cool.

I used to free climb the sides of buildings with my camera bag and tripod to see the view from the top and take photos. One night I was just messing around and didn't have anything with me but decided it would be fun to work my way up an apartment building. About 15 feet up I started to slip and pushed off since I didn't want to fall on my back and landed on both heels very hard and broke pretty much everything below my knees. While in the wheelchair I discovered this site and bought a couple TLR's and it all went downhill (uphill?) from there.

ouch! promise, no climbing whilst wheelchair-bound. the bulldozer shot is very cool.

I've been out since this time last summer. No more free climbing but I'll still find my way onto the occasional roof or crane. The bulldozer was hard since wheelchairs weren't designed for mud and quarries. The only thing that kept me sane was shooting every day.

attachment.php

At the hotel in Canterbury, October 2009. Leica M6, L-Hexanon 35/2.0, Rollei Retro 100.

For some reason I always have to think of Francis Bacon's 'Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X' when I come across this self portrait on my hard drive.

Attachments

• 081109-Rollei100-4.jpg
    081109-Rollei100-4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
One day...

One day...

My mentor told me to try something uncomfortable and I hate self portraits.... on 4x5 pardon the scanner was having a very bad day.

Attachments

• 5936247916_1e02e7a9bc_d.jpg
    5936247916_1e02e7a9bc_d.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
A couple from my recently finished bike trip. (M4 and 35 colour skopar i think)

Attachments

• 75590002b.jpg
    75590002b.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 75590005b.jpg
    75590005b.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back