W/NW - Shooting "classic"

Gabriel M.A.

My Red Dot Glows For You
Local time
3:09 AM
OK, I like the M8. I really do. Everything I've read, heard, seen, looks good, only a few things to nag, but that's it.

But I'll go insane if I see another M8 thread today.

So, here's a "classic", limited edition: (shot with an M6 classic, CZJ 85mm f/2 Sonnar, Ilford XP2)

Attachments

• f_2006-08-12_31-N5.jpg
    f_2006-08-12_31-N5.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
2005-11-18_16-B.jpg

Leica M6 + 50mm Summilux / Ilford HP5+ in Edwal FG7

jan normandale said:
who owns this one Gabriel?
BTW what is an M8? I haven't been following those threads ;- )
You mean the camera above? I was lurking around the camera shop; they had just received, as a trade-in, one of those gold (yes, gold) M6 sets ordered by the Prince of I-already-forgot (Qatar?) I held it, and wound it, and their eyes had a look of "oh f---" I'd never seen in their eyes before. No winding! Must go to the next buyer with the least number of activations...

I'm sure it was only plated, because it was not *that* heavy, and I held a bar of gold once...gold is friggin' heavy, let me tell you. The camera was a little heavier than usual.

these are shot with an M6 "classic" and a "classic" 50/2 collapsible summicron ;)

Cafe_truck_stop.jpg

U40838I1293193056.SEQ.0.jpg

50mm_coll_bokeh.jpg

Ketchikan_docks.jpg

Todd

M8... strange really. In french, aime is a form of "aimer" that means love.
But in English, 8 is really close to hate. The M8 is a kind of love-hate relation. On a right hand there's the Love of Photography, that tell you "you should buy a M8 and a Summilux one day", and also the love of your camera collection, with nice shiny pre-war very rare contaxes and voigtlander and rolleiflex, and the love of your family that you may lose if you buy this cute 4500$ camera. It's why you hate it. Because of deception.
Ok I much prefer the british motorway alternative. Hurrah for the M25, the largest car park in the World!

thanks, no tripod, just good technique and no caffeine ;)

Todd

Back