Voigtländer 28mm f1.5 Nokton Vintage Line Type II black paint lens
May 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

The Dogs of Yokohama
At the English Flower Garden in the Harbor View Park​
U69954.1716450329.0.jpg

Fujifilm X-S20 camera
Fujinon XF 56mm f1.2 lens

Ah, a rare(ish) color image from the OP. Good one!

Proof that dogs and their owners sometimes do not always look like one another. Unlike cats and their servants.

Mike, as a cat lover I've noticed a cat has never (yet?) featured in one of your images.

Henri Cartier-Bresson managed to find oa cat on the streets of Shanghai in 1947. Are there not cats in Japan?

Last edited:
Ah, a rare color image from the OP. Good one!

Proof that dogs and their owners sometimes do not always look like one another. Unlike cats and their servants.

Mike, as a cat lover I've noticed a cat has never (yet?) featured in one of your images.

Even Henri Cartier-Bresson managed to find oa cat on the streets of Shanghai in 1947. Are there not cats in Japan?

We've got plenty of cats around here!
AVvXsEjis5ihdMOKt1UEs-JU71ESwgx_yQ5V1uZ8C4LNz4a_XIDX2sQl5z6Do8jWVWJnPjUGojmzL5L4NpXjlqibVmxGxopiL7JwmUCP1Ff-IUBl_MUIMkWXZKSCzdWM_nXraHRBEzlWByzGBR6PyWkf7_sAydS0XbDu5J7mnPU2Zw3dG_nnw9BD6itzSagA=s2048

We even have cats with bad attitudes!
AVvXsEjD0vl-CnV5Eo9Zicy-IuUsjkm-rxR8R0HCcHJVRqU6-ccfm9HjvZCZv8G7YRLW4GPJRFKKjYKf_cA19ok8siRBwW3YBkSnynf6D3awqJLhf7GK-vTtuDhEmNtVf77lQMXsoTMcu2IH03fKOLl7SzPugLQoVdQ0pPpkoWN8Z5XKSm5ZJVkuatIDFS-Z=s2048

All the best,
Mike

The Streets of Yokohama
"Dog Dept Garden" located in the Yamate district of Yokohama near the Harbor View Park.
It's a shop/cafe/dog run... they accept reservations for dog meet-ups and parties!​
U69954.1716524537.0.jpg

Fujifilm X-S20 camera

That's really cool. Christie got excited when I told her about it but she was sad when I told her we couldn't go that far to meet future friends. It was an "oh well" moment. Back to the utility pole in front of the house.

The Streets of Yokohama
"Dog Dept Garden" located in the Yamate district of Yokohama near the Harbor View Park.
It's a shop/cafe/dog run... they accept reservations for dog meet-ups and parties!​
U69954.1716524537.0.jpg

Fujifilm X-S20 camera
Another gorgeous color shot. Wel done, sir!

I am truly impressed at seeing so much English text in the signs on that building. From my past travels in Japan, out of Tokyo and maybe a few of the larger cities, this is (or was) most unusual, apart from the American fast food outlets. Everything else was in Japanese lettering, which caused me no end of confusion in trying to get around.

Mind you, this was a fair few years ago. Even decades. Things may well have changed.

Where was this image taken? Yokohama, likely, but I thought I would ask anyway. Do you see more English signs there nowadays?

Back