W/NW: Trains and Train Stations

DSCF0788.JPG

DSCF0790.JPG

Fujifilm X-H1, Fujinon XF 56mm f1.2 R lens
Classic Chrome film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - January 2021

There are two distinct ways to travel from Moscow to St. Petersburg by the Russian rail system.

You can take the classic trains which spend 8 hours in transit, usually an overnight with sleeper availability.. This is the famous "Krasnya Strela or Red Arrow", the premier train back in the Soviet days.
DSCF7577.jpg

DSCF7582.jpg

Or, you can take the modern day bullet train which travels 250 kph and makes the trip in 3 1/2 hours. My wife, being Cuban, was impressed since she only knew Cuban trains which never went faster than 40 kph due to their age and condition. BTW, this was in June, my wife said she never imagined anyplace could be so "f***ing cold".
DSCF7616.jpg

Or, you can take the modern day bullet train which travels 250 kph and makes the trip in 3 1/2 hours. My wife, being Cuban, was impressed since she only knew Cuban trains which never went faster than 40 kph due to their age and condition.

And sometimes they don't run at all. We spent a day in Trinidad da Cuba waiting for a train that was advertised as running but actually didn't. Cubans are very nice people and it seemed that they didn't want to give us bad news!

The tail gunner making sure it's safe to leave the station.

DSC03901.JPG

Sony A7III
Sigma 24mm f3.5 DG DN "Contemporary" lens
Yokohama, Japan - February 2021

There are two distinct ways to travel from Moscow to St. Petersburg by the Russian rail system.

You can take the classic trains which spend 8 hours in transit, usually an overnight with sleeper availability.. This is the famous "Krasnya Strela or Red Arrow", the premier train back in the Soviet days.
DSCF7577.jpg

DSCF7582.jpg

Or, you can take the modern day bullet train which travels 250 kph and makes the trip in 3 1/2 hours. My wife, being Cuban, was impressed since she only knew Cuban trains which never went faster than 40 kph due to their age and condition. BTW, this was in June, my wife said she never imagined anyplace could be so "f***ing cold".
DSCF7616.jpg

Nice shots, Bob! I enjoyed seeing them!

Long Abandoned Station -Bellingham, Washington

Long Abandoned Station -Bellingham, Washington

51018519016_f66a53a3bc_o.jpg

Ziess Ikonta 521 Tessar f 3.5 -Provia

Hinodecho train station

DSCF3367.JPG

Fujifilm X-Pro3
Fujinon XF 50mm f2 R WR lens
ACROS Film Simulation
Yokohama, Japan - June 2021