We Need an "Ektar" section in Vintage!!

artphotodude

Adam V. Albrec
Local time
1:22 PM
Am wondering if anyone else might like to see this? There are a lot of GREAT RF cameras Signet, Medalist, Graflex, etc from the past that might be a fun new direction.

Also, just posted a bunch of new pics to my Flickr gallery of recent Signet 35 images taken on Ilford Delta. For $20, is a heck of a good value! https://www.flickr.com/photos/artphotodude/albums/72157687681871646

Attachments

• 25710028.jpg
    25710028.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Ahhh, I thought you were going to say we need to have an Ektar 100 section, which I would back: vintage imitation transparency film. But you are right, lots of us have used Ektar lenses: good suggestion.

From my avatar pic, it's obvious I would like an Ektar section as well! I recently managed to find a very scarce 153mm lens for my Ektra at a decent price after more than ten years of looking for one. I'm running some film through the camera now to see what it can do.

Cheers,
Dez

I got into using them for 4x5 Graphic View (203mm and 100mm Wide-Field) and shot them for over 3-years.

Even on a little RF like the Signet, they really hold up to the best made today (I've shot a LOT of good gear over the years - Sinar/Rodenstock, Hasselblad/Zeiss, Nikon, Canon, Mamiya, Sony Alpha and Pentax, but Ektar is a favorite).

Ektar ON Ektar - Yep!

Ektar ON Ektar - Yep!

Ahhh, I thought you were going to say we need to have an Ektar 100 section, which I would back: vintage imitation transparency film. But you are right, lots of us have used Ektar lenses: good suggestion.

So got around to trying Ektar 100 film (on my Signet 35 with Ektar Lens) and all I can say is DAMN I love this film. Maybe you're right and it is imitation slide film, but I like it! While it's nice to know how to expose slide film properly, sure is nice not to always have to and when I can get grain/color quality this good on a 2-Stop Push (Early Morning Sun + Polarizer), without all the headache of finding a lab with healthy e6 chemistry, I might just be up for that.

39059924024_1fecbcf536_k.jpg"

* NOTE - scanned with Nikon 4000 ED in 14-bit with Digital Ice (Fine Setting) and 4-Pass Mode.

Why not a Kodak rangefinder sub-forum instead of this model-specific one? There are a lot of other great Kodak rangefinders besides the Ektra and the Retinas, from the Regent through the Bantams, Signets, Medalists, and Chevron.

ETA:
Oops. I read Ektra where I should have read Ektar. And technically, the Anastigmat lens on the Regent evolved into the Ektar.

So, never mind.

I've had success with Ektar 100. It certainly is different from available C-41 films today. I find it very easy (although I don't know why) to scan. The colors do pop, but aren't weird. I like it in my First Six Camera because the lens is a mess, and it gives an unusual character to Ektar 100. Here is a recent shot, it has just enough edge vignette and blur to set it off from every other camera.

Ektar100 by John Carter, on Flickr

So is this new subsection for shots from and discussion about any RF that has a Kodak Ektar lens or for the Kodak Ektra camera/system, or for the various types of Kodak Ektar film?

Seems to be some confusion, or am I just thick?

Back