What a bargoon for American buyers

Move to the USA? No?

I would love to, even for the milder winters alone, in Florida or the South West.. but my family will not budge from Canada, and I will not abandon them, as I am head of the household and everyone pretty much still relies on me even though I am getting old and tired .

That is a great deal on a superb camera...I bought one new, body only, for 1100 a few months ago. People on the fence about these cameras should go for it...

Not often that it pays to be Aussie when buying cameras, but...

Not often that it pays to be Aussie when buying cameras, but...

$1150 AUD for an A7 body, $100 voucher as well. Thats $830 USD before the rebate or $760 after.

Thats on special, but the non-discounted price is still under $1000 USD.

Yes there are some nice specials right now here in Oz. I saw one advertised on the weekend. $1249 AUD with the kit lens (Sony 28-70mm) and a further $150 AUD bonus rebate from Sony.

I have not done the conversion to US dollars but I think the exchange rate is presently around $1 AUD = $0.70 US. That makes it a very nice price though it is the first version SOny A7 with no bells and whistles. I am tempted.............

...That makes it a very nice price though it is the first version SOny A7 with no bells and whistles. I am tempted.............
I was similarly lured into buying an A7 because of the incredibly low price, and have no regrets.

Even though it's the first version A7, to me it doesn't feel like a first generation product. It's clear that Sony put what they learned from the NEX line into it; many of the warts that plagued the NEX line aren't there anymore..

I live in Vancouver.
Earlier this year I bought a new Bessa R4, that was ineligible for international shipping, shipped to Blaine WA parcel receiving service and imported it myself.
My billing address was my home address. No problems with BH ordering process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good to know.

Thank you for the heads up.

I think I will dump some old digital gear to fund this.

I will still shoot mainly film, but too many family members request I take pictures during family gatherings. This way I can use all my pre AI Nikkors and possibly my Leica lenses.

I can also easily transfer photos via wifi for them as well.

Hopefully I can sell my digital gear fast so I can easily justify it to the woman/boss

Back