What are the worst words in photography?

This is a great thread and if it's new to you it's worth going back to some of the early pages.

"Is that an f stop camera?"

And on weddings it gets worse:

"We are having a really informal wedding and we not going to have an official photographer or anything, but would you mind bringing your camera along and just get a few snaps?"

Security guard at airport, looking at either a Leica IIIf or a Rolleiflex. "What's THAT?"

I had this exact experience at the Atlanta Hartsfield airport. The TSA agent was puzzled enough by my M3 to call her supervisor and ask him what to do. He took a look and said it was just and old camera and was safe to go.

I had this exact experience at the Atlanta Hartsfield airport. The TSA agent was puzzled enough by my M3 to call her supervisor and ask him what to do. He took a look and said it was just and old camera and was safe to go.

Same here. I had a Soviet "upa" enlarger in the trunk of my car. At the Czech-Austrian border the austrian customs guy asked what that was. I said H-bomb... he just smiled and Said "Drive" :)

I was taking pictures on a sketchy street,when a guy came up behind me and said, "That's a really nice camera".

Also,

Oh, I know where you took that.

Did you just take a picture of me?

Photo walk.

Literally anything that comes out of the mouth of the guy who insists on using the term “street togs.”

Guy at a local flea market with a giant tent set up with confederate flags and other obviously racist memorabilia sees me walking by with camera, not even raised to my eye. Him. “What are you taking pictures of?”
Me. *ignores him*
Him. “What are you taking pictures of man??” More aggressively this time.
Me. “Well nothing right now now obviously, but I’m taking photos of whatever I think will make a good photo.”
Him. “Well I don’t want to end up on the internet.”
Me. “Well don’t flatter yourself buddy, I wouldn’t want to give you or your racist things any sort of shine online.”
As I’m walking away I hear his girlfriend saying “He said what?? I bet he won’t say it to my face!”

Last weekend my oldest daughter heard the words, "The entire roll was unexposed" from her photo developer. Those words brought her to tears because her beloved Hi-Matic 9 appears to have developed a shutter problem.

Scott

Back