What are you driving? Include photo

_DSC5810.jpg

I don't think this car has high ranks on snobbery list, but it is much more fan to drive than Toyota :)

46281144651_691de5500c_b.jpg

M-E and J-3.

Superformance S1

Superformance S1

I've wanted one of these for 25 years, just sold the MGB that I had for 18 years and purchased this. A fantastic driving experience!

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_174315318~2-678x436.jpg
    IMG_20180925_174315318~2-678x436.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
This car is from when a Saab was a SAAB!

Seeing this car here really makes my day. It is a car that I watched with avid interest as a teen in the sixties, and I would still love to have one.

Does this one have the shrike two-stroke engine or the Taunus-sourced V4?

- Murray

This one has the V4. There is a guy in town who is restoring a '68 Shrike which will be interesting to see once he has the engine back. '68 was the last year for the 2-stroke engines.

These are really solid cars - slam the door shut and you'll get a sound only old Benzes and Rolls can compare to. They really do not make them like this anymore.

I love everything about this: the car, the settings, the colour. Perfect.

Thanks!

This one has the V4. There is a guy in town who is restoring a '68 Shrike which will be interesting to see once he has the engine back. '68 was the last year for the 2-stroke engines.

These are really solid cars - slam the door shut and you'll get a sound only old Benzes and Rolls can compare to. They really do not make them like this anymore.

I remember that for 1968 Saab reduced the displacement of the Shrike from 850cc to 820cc, because that exempted it from US pollution requirements.

The V4 is the engine that I would actually want to have. What a neat car!

- Murray

Back