What do you think these spots are?

mexipike

Established
Local time
5:54 AM
I have the 18mp leica Monochrom and have been noticing spots at the top corners of my images. Yesterday I was thinking it was just dust on the lens as it was quite dusty when I looked at it but I noticed the same spots from an image a moth or so ago. I also thought maybe it's just on the sensor but I can't tell anything obvious on the sensor under a light (but of course I understand that wouldn't rule it out. I'm attaching two processed images as that's what I have on hand right now and how you can see them the best.

Let me know what you think it could be. From what I can tell it's not the "sensor issue" but I guess it's possible. I have found sites showing what that should look like but haven't seen anything on what it would look like on the MM.

Thanks for looking!

15o6ozp.jpg

2cog7qe.jpg

First picture is dirt all over (irregular size spots), second picture shows signs of sensor corrosion in the upper right corner (circles).

I have a BrushOFF sensor cleaning brush on it's way. I'll get it nice and cleaned up when it arrives and then go from there.

To me, the second one looks more like the spots you get from lubricant flying up off the shutter mechanism of some cameras. I wouldn't rush to assume it was corrosion without trying a wet clean.

Just to update, after sending the camera to Leica they confirmed it was corrosion. After a very long time I upgraded to the 246

Back