What have you done to your Holga?

sienarot said:
That's what I said too.

Until I bought one ;)

Yeah, it's the same with me. I have two, and I like what they do. But since the Holga is this little masterpiece of cheap MF technology, my second body has become a kind of "research lab" for every weird photographic mod I can come up with.

Against the normal spirit of Holga-ism, I'm now trying to mount an old LF shutter assembly up front for more exposure control. I've also found that there are several small SLR lenses that can work nicely within the Holga's physical size and image circle.

In short, it's my FrankenCamera. Not quite done, yet, though. Happy hacking.

Cheers,
--joe.

OK, let's see...

Aperture mod, internal flocking, tripod bush, "B" shutter mod, 35mm conversion, 6x6 mask, close focus.

The problem I have is that people keep wanting to buy them once I get one so that it's comfortable. I only have one original 120S left and I'm trying to keep that as the factory intended ;)

Aperture mod, and close focus seem valuable. The new ones come with a nice B shutter, and the 35mm takes no modification. 'Fixing Holga problems reduces their uniqueness. I think I just talked myself into doing the aperture and focus things!

John and Stephanie, why keep it factory fresh unless that is how you want to use it. I figure if a mod breaks mine, they are cheap and plentiful, I will just get another!

Back