What I saw at the camera fair...

nksyoon

Well-known
Local time
2:42 AM
So today I went to the Camera Fair in Weinfelden, Switzerland to see if there was anything interesting to pick up.

These are some of the goodies I saw (btw all prices you see are in Swiss francs):

538667259_23efa7196d.jpg

538667321_f2b0adb8dd.jpg

538667011_1bd3508b54.jpg

538548978_17c9fa34d9.jpg

538666879_096caedd3c.jpg
538549524_b3ce48525a.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I love camera fairs. But I suspect Switzerland would be the last place to find a bargain.

Beautiful set of pictures; I'm sure you had a lot of fun :) Just for the sake of information Nick, how do you come to know about these fairs and where are they held? I'll be staying in Zurich for more than a year starting October, and would love to know about them, perhaps not so much for buying, but at least for looking around and having some fun.

Best regards,
- Debasish.

Last edited:
One of these shows is always a blast. Unfortunately they are few and far between in places I get to. The last one I went to was in the Boston area, pre-RF days, got my hands on a Leica there for the first time and something rubbed off on me I guess, or maybe I just opened up that M3 and breathed in the gas.

Besides the RF stuff I'm always pleased to see the real old stuff- wooden plate cameras, barrel lenses, glass plate holders. Bakelite developing trays! Always some beautiful old folders, the odd old SLR with a big clunky prism. Garage sales around here ain't like up Franks way! I'm due for a great show.

@Rob, I came back with a film SLR. I had my eye on a Contax G2 black set with 28, 45, 90 and flash for just over US$1000. Luckily I managed to resist until someone else bought it!

Thanks Nick, I've bookmarked the link. I just looked at your flickr portfolio... the pillow-fight pictures are particularly hilarious :D

Back