What screwdriver to remove RF top- and basplate ?

ISO

Established
Local time
8:30 PM
What screwdriver to look for to remove cross point screws on top- and baseplate ? I want a "better quality (micro) tool" and checked the web, but I am not sure what the right size is. I am looking at a set and it says "Phillips (Cross) No. 00 and No. 0".
To big for the screws, lets say for a Canonet ? What size to use? Thanks, ISO

Last edited:
ISO said:
What screwdriver to look for to remove cross point screws on top- and baseplate ? I want a "better quality (micro) tool" and checked the web, but I am not sure what the right size is. I am looking at a set and it says "Phillips (Cross) No. 00 and No. 0".
To big for the screws, lets say for a Canonet ? What size to use? Thanks, ISO

Check out the screwdriver sets at http://www.micro-tools.com

Thanks Colyn. Yes I was looking at these as well and the Wiha screwdrivers are sure good. Because I am in UK I look for another source to get them. I did some more search and I think I will need a PH 000. There should be some around here in hardware stores, but most of the shops here are just selling the same junk. My hand already hurts and I also damage screws on my cameras or cannot even open them up. So it is time to get a better tool here. Size 000 should be fine, or not?

Last edited:
Try a hobby shop - most will have precision screwdriver sets that are very reasonable.

Here in the States, I usually buy small screwdrivers from Sears. Not because they're better than the others, but because they have a lifetime warranty - when i bugger one up, back it goes for exchange.

I finally found a nice set at maplin for £9 that makes the repairs much more "fun". Code is QE94C...

Back