What to replace the S4 ?

yinyangbt

MFL addicted
Local time
1:29 AM
A bit odd to ask this here, in Rangefinderforum, but...
My Samsung S4 is about to die... It shuts down instantly without warning even when battery 35% full. Changed it with a new original battery, after some time, the same thing, in fact, worse, shuts down even at 75% when data traffic is on these days...
I am not a mainly smartphone shooter but I admit I'll need a good camera phone to replace the S4 . Better than the S4. Preferably with good low light capability. And not pricey one Oooops!!!!
My main camera is Oly EM10Mk2 with 25/1.8, 45/1.8, 15/1.7
What camera (sorry, smartphone) do you suggest?

I use a Motorola G6 and am happy with the pictures from it. You my be able to get the G6+ which should be even better.

Steve W

Iphone 7

Updated camera, fair prices at big box stores, good support for years to come.

To add, they have a metal body as well as case and charger availability anywhere you go!

Edit: With Apple products, any app you purchase is recoverable on a new device if you upgrade or break your old one. I use a few paid apps like Filmic Pro which cost me upwards of 40$ with all the additional in-app purchases. I would not want to lose that investment if I chose to upgrade or even downgrade to a smaller phone. I use the 7+ 128gb model. Which has the benefit of a decent Portrait camera in addition to the standard wide angle camera (they are side by side).

Back