What's this connector? (flash)

Local time
2:17 AM
I've got an Olympus 35SP rangefinder and a PS100G flash and I need a cable. Connector on the flash is not the same, round one that's on the camera. It's kind of flat looking. What kind of connector is that? Can't find a cable with this sort of flat:ish connector. If anyone could tell me what it's called or, alternatively, point me in the direction of a cable I could buy, that'd be great. Thanks

I've got an Olympus 35SP rangefinder and a PS100G flash and I need a cable. Connector on the flash is not the same, round one that's on the camera. It's kind of flat looking. What kind of connector is that? Can't find a cable with this sort of flat:ish connector. If anyone could tell me what it's called or, alternatively, point me in the direction of a cable I could buy, that'd be great. Thanks

I don't have this flash in person, but a quick search says it was made especially for the Olympus Trip 35 camera. It syncs via the hot shoe. The bi-pin connector is for plugging the flash into an AC outlet! There should be a label on the top reading "100-120V" and a switch next to it for AC or DC power, so you can use either two AA batteries in the compartment on the bottom or plug it into the wall for long-lasting power. The idea of having AC voltage that close to my face in an old, un-tested device makes me a bit nervous, but maybe you're braver than I am! In the pictures I saw, the AC connector looks like a common bi-pin type often used on AC adapters and battery chargers, but that's just a guess.

Here's a guy going over one on YouTube (no sound): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurHGLUOCPM

Back